Windows Insiders who have opted to receive builds on Skip Ahead can get their hands on a new build today. Microsoft has started rolling out the latest Redstone 5 build, 17634, to Skip Ahead Insiders, bringing along a couple of new features and a swath of general changes and improvements. Most notably, this build adds the ability to search in the Windows 10 Calendar app, and Cortana Show me now supports voice queries. Here's a look at what's new.
Search is now available in Calendar for Windows 10!
Cortana Show Me now supports voice queries
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue where typing in the Microsoft Edge URL bar immediately after opening a new tab might result in the letters appearing in an unexpected order.
- We fixed an issue when opening .html or .pdf files from the local system (double-click, right-click > open), Microsoft Edge will not render the loaded content if Microsoft Edge wasn't already running before opening the file.
- We fixed an issue where PDFs displayed using Microsoft Edge would shrink after refreshing the page when using a DPI scaling > 100%.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge crashing when turning off certain extensions.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager not showing the application title in the process name for open Visual Studio projects.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the UAC dialog potentially not rendering correctly in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain devices with BitLocker enabled unexpectedly booting into BitLocker recovery in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where the Emoji Panel would close after typing an accent in certain languages.
- We fixed an issue resulting in focus being lost after using WIN+A to close the Action Center.
- If you open Settings and clicking on any links to the Microsoft Store or links in tips, Settings will crash. This includes the links to get themes and fonts from the Microsoft Store, as well as the link to Windows Defender.
- On resuming from sleep, the desktop may be momentarily visible before the Lock screen displays as expected.
- When Movies & TV user denies access to its videos library (through the "Let Movies & TV access your videos library?" popup window or through Windows privacy settings), Movies & TV crashes when the user navigates to the "Personal" tab.
That's it for build 17634. If you're enrolled in Skip Ahead, you should be able to grab this build via Windows Update now. And for more, check out Microsoft's full release notes.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.