What you need to know
- Minecraft has a beta program on Xbox, Windows, and Android that tests updates before they're released.
- The latest beta, 184.108.40.206, is a minor release that fixes a handful of bugs with 'the Nether Update.'
- Mojang Studios is hard at work on the 'Caves and Cliffs Update,' which is coming later this year.
- Future betas will be for the 1.17 branch, or 'Caves and Cliffs Update' branch, but we're not quite there yet.
Another Minecraft update today, this time in the form of Beta Update 220.127.116.11, is rolling out now to beta testers on Xbox, Windows, and Android devices. This beta is a minor release, fixing a handful of bugs that are still lingering in the Nether Update. Alas, there's no new Caves and Cliffs Update features here, but a Mojang Studios member mentioned that the team is hard at work on delivering Caves and Cliffs Update features in future betas, so, hopefully, we don't have long to wait before Minecraft's next major update is in full swing.
Hello Bedrock players! We have another small beta update going out today - changelog can be seen at https://t.co/aU6yt4QOB8
The team is still hard at work with more Caves and Cliffs features for future Minecraft betas; thanks for your patience, and we'll keep you posted! pic.twitter.com/wRXuesJrg0Hello Bedrock players! We have another small beta update going out today - changelog can be seen at https://t.co/aU6yt4QOB8
The team is still hard at work with more Caves and Cliffs features for future Minecraft betas; thanks for your patience, and we'll keep you posted! pic.twitter.com/wRXuesJrg0— Jay ⛏️ (@Mega_Spud) January 13, 2021January 13, 2021
While we're all patiently waiting for Minecraft's biggest update since, well, the Nether Update to begin testing in earnest, be sure to check out our list of Best Minecraft Merch, Toys, and Gifts for some awesome ideas for both you and Minecraft fans in your life.
The full changelog for Minecraft beta 18.104.22.168 includes:
Stability & performance
- Fixed a crash that could occur when changing language settings
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Ender Dragon animation to appear jittery
- Fixed a bug that prevented Actors from initializing their animation component
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.