Microsoft has announced a new update for Minecraft, which will be available for both Windows 10 and Minecraft: Pocket Edition. This release bundles a bunch of tweaks and bug fixes to improve the block-building experience.
Here are the list of tweaks, as highlighted in the 0.15.3 official announcement:
- Multiplayer invite screen text alignment fixed
- Tweaks to moving blocks to make them work better & more consistently
- Fixes to horse breeding to make it consistent with other versions
- Tweaks to atlas generation
- Tweaked some Realms purchase functions
- Small tweak to mouse controls
- Store screen layout scales better now
And for bug fixes:
- Players can now scroll through the list of friends in the Add Realm window using the controller.
- Inventory can now be opened when a player mounts a pig or horse/donkey/mule
- Zombie pigment spawn with correct textures in desert biomes
- Nether brick fence fixed- attaches to cobblestone walls
- Fixed issue with friends list being cleared on signing out
- Fall damage for horses fixed
- Pressing X on the intro page signs the user out
- Removed phantom image of the currently equipped block when toggling a daylight sensor
- Fixed item duplication on fences bug
- Fixed some bugs with pistons (crashing, overwriting, taking power from wrong sources, syncing issues)
- Observer block placement fixed
- Glass and leaf blocks no longer going invisible when placed next to carpet, pressure plates and accumulated snow
- Fully grown crops now pop out of farmland when cut-off from light
- Fixed position of zombie jockeys
- Fixed crash when shooting an arrow from a dispenser at a TNT minecart
- Fixed assorted issues causing games to crash
No massive new features, but still an update worth downloading.
Rich Edmonds is Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him over on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
Still no achievements for the WP version of Minecraft pocket edition ?
They said they are never coming to that version: https://www.reddit.com/r/MCPE/comments/4mteac/015_xbox_live_achievements... (Repsonse by Minecraft developer Tommo)
That AND the fact Pocket Edition still exists :/ Minecon (September I believe) will be the earliest point I can see them announcing true UWP. Was excited when I saw the headline, still very disappointed. EDIT: Of course on the other hand the fact they haven't introduced achievements for PE could be hinting at the UWP's inevitable existence since they're not bothering to make PE an official Xbox title since there's already a Windows-ready Xbox version of Minecraft. EDIT 2: Cheers for the link xevilrobotx, seems I was right then! Minecon it is.
I wish Minecraft Windows 10 Edition was available on mobile so I could at least download a trial version.
I've still got my fingers crossed for Continuum compatibility. It would make this version the ultimate.
Still not showing 0.15.3 update on my phone yet
Still get confused with where the Xbox One version sits.... Is it W10? Does it get the same updates? Will it? It seems to be a little seperate.
I would love to see those 2 merged, I can't stand the controller on my XONE for minecraft, but some friends of mine have no PC and only xone and I would love to play toghether with them.
"tweaks to atlas generation" What is an atlas? Does this just refer to the world creation, or is the Atlas something players can utilize?
Does Realms still not work on the Windows Phone version?
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.