Minecraft's big Discovery Update comes to Pocket and Windows 10 Editions
Minecraft's latest big update is here, bringing along a bunch of new stuff to check out in the Pocket and Windows 10 Editions. Called the Discovery Update, version 1.1 of the game places a large emphasis on exploration with new enchantments, Woodland Mansions to discover, and, most importantly, llamas.
On top of all of the new discovery-related additions, this update also brings the Minecraft Marketplace to Pocket and Windows 10 Editions. In the Marketplace, you'll be able to find and download community-created pieces of content to check out.
Here's a look at what's new in the 1.1 update:
- Minecraft Marketplace
- Skyrim Mash-up Pack
- Shulker Boxes
- Woodland Mansions
- Cartographer Villager & Exploration Maps
- Illagers (Evokers & Vindicators)
- Concrete & concrete powder
- Glazed terracotta blocks
- Dyeable beds (and you can jump on them, too!)
- Iron and Gold tools can now be smelted into Iron Nuggets and Gold Nuggets
- Adventure Mode
- New game rules: DoFireTick, DoMobSpawning, DoTileDrops, - MobGriefing, DoEntityDrops, KeepInventory, DoMobLoot, DoDaylightCycle
- New achievements
- Mending & Frostwalking enchantments
- Totem of Undying
- Off-hand slot (only works for arrows & Totem of Undying)
Between the new Adventure Mode, which lets you take on custom games and scenarios, and the Woodland Mansions, this update sounds like a solid win for Minecraft explorers. If you have Minecraft Pocket of Windows 10 Edition, you should be able to grab the 1.1 update now and dive in.
- Download Minecraft for Windows 10 from the Windows Store (opens in new tab)
- Download Minecraft Pocket Edition from the Windows Store (opens in new tab)
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.
Nice update! Looking forward to it
Looks great! Love the new store as well!!
I don't know what kind of contract Mojang has with 4J Studios regarding the console editions--and to be fair, there are a lot of console editions now (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, Switch)--but they seem to be dragging their feet as Mojang, which leads development on the PC Java, Windows 10, and Pocket Editions (W10 Mobile, iOS, Apple TV, Android, Kindle Fire, Gear VR) has been providing updates at a much greater pace to the point that the W10 and Pocket Editions leapfrogged the console editions.