Microsoft announced Windows 10 today at a private event in San Francisco. There were a handful of new features announced that we think you'll like. While the focus was on enterprise (and getting enterprise to upgrade to Windows 10), we think a lot of you going to enjoy using these six new features inside Windows 10.
Here are the new features
- Start menu: The familiar Start menu is back, but it brings with it a new customizable space for your favorite apps and Live Tiles.
- Everything runs in a window: Apps from the Windows Store now open in the same format that desktop apps do and can be resized and moved around, and have title bars at the top allowing for maximize, minimize, and close with a click.
- Multiple desktops: Create desktops for different purposes and projects and switch between these desktops easily and pick up where you left off on each desktop.
- Find files faster: File Explorer now displays your recent files and frequently visited folders making for finding files you've worked on is easier.
- New task view button: There's a new task-view button on the taskbar for quick switching between open files and quick access to any desktops you create.
- Snap enhancements: You can now have four apps snapped on the same screen with a new quadrant layout. Windows will also show other apps and programs running for additional snapping and even make smart suggestions on filling available screen space with other open apps
We didn't learn anything about the rumored Cortana or Notification Center, but Microsoft plans to share the more consumer focused aspects of Windows 10 early next year.
Out of the six new features above, which are you looking forward to the most?
Don't forget to sign up if you want to play with Windows 10 tomorrow!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.