Nokia kicked off its global Create contest late last year and we've covered new missions kicking off as the program ran its course. Developers were invited to develop apps for a number of categories, ranging from image and photography all the way to work life. Nokia has now announced the grand winner of the Create contest, as well as winning apps for each category.
Pass the break to see who won and pick them up for your phone today!
The Grand Winner - Pikura
The Nokia Create Grand Prize goes to Pikura, but what is this app all about? It's an app and service that brings gamification to mobile photography. Enjoy capturing photos on your smartphone? Pablo Moncunill and Joe Fernández have turned mobile photography into a social game with rewards and more.
Users can create challenges (example: "take a picture of the biggest burger you can find") and anyone can participate but uploading a photo, with other users voting on submissions to determine the winning entry. It's a super neat concept and one we can see doing well with Lumia Windows Phone owners.
The team has won the following:
- An expenses paid trip for both of them to go to Barcelona to attend Mobile World Congress, where the app will be showcased and the developers will be able to network and promote Pikura.
- Nokia will produce a video promoting Pikura and will publish it on the Nokia YouTube channel for millions of Lumia users to see.
- Nokia will promote the developers on Nokia Developer channels.
- Pikura will get 4 weeks of promotion on Windows Phone Store and App Social.
- They’ll also receive a 10,000 EUR credit on Microsoft Advertising pubCenter or similar to run a campaign to promote Pikura.
Want to give it a try? You can grab Pikura from the Windows Phone Store for free.
Mission Category Winners
As touched on above, we not only have a grand winner for the contest itself, but also one winning app per-category. Here are the final winners:
- Image & Photo - Facebook Cover Cam
- NFC - Imagine Cam
- Maps & Places - Track Runner
- Music - Extreme Music
- Cross-8 - To-Do Prime
- Fun &Games - Trouserheart
- Work Life - Enpass Password Manager & Information Keeper
- Freestyle - Stylist
Each of the above winning entries will be heading to Mobile World Congress 2014 to receive further support from Nokia and co. Congratulations to all winning apps and developers.
5 Xbox Game Studios and Bethesda crossovers we'd love to see
Now that Microsoft has acquired ZeniMax Media, it's now very possible for crossovers to occur between Xbox and Bethesda franchises. Here are some of the ones we want to see the most.
Windows 10 preview build 20221 now rolling out to the Insider Dev Channel
Another week, another Windows 10 Insider Preview build for those in the Dev Channel to get their hands on. Today's build is 20221, and features a notable change to the taskbar that makes it easy to create a Meet Now session in Skype.
Devs can now write Windows 10 apps using Google Flutter (Alpha)
Google has announced the availability of Flutter for Windows Alpha. The cross-platform UI toolkit lets developers share codebases to write apps for iOS, Android, and now Windows 10. A new Flutter Gallery UWP app gives examples to developers of what can be done today.
These are the best motherboards for AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
The Ryzen 9 3900X is a cracking CPU, allowing you to do pretty much everything on your PC. From video editing and intense gaming to enthusiast leaderboard competitions, this processor can almost do it all. So long as you pair it with one of these motherboards.