Nokia kicked off its global Create contest late last year and we've covered new missions kicking off as the program ran its course. Developers were invited to develop apps for a number of categories, ranging from image and photography all the way to work life. Nokia has now announced the grand winner of the Create contest, as well as winning apps for each category.
Pass the break to see who won and pick them up for your phone today!
The Grand Winner - Pikura
The Nokia Create Grand Prize goes to Pikura, but what is this app all about? It's an app and service that brings gamification to mobile photography. Enjoy capturing photos on your smartphone? Pablo Moncunill and Joe Fernández have turned mobile photography into a social game with rewards and more.
Users can create challenges (example: "take a picture of the biggest burger you can find") and anyone can participate but uploading a photo, with other users voting on submissions to determine the winning entry. It's a super neat concept and one we can see doing well with Lumia Windows Phone owners.
The team has won the following:
- An expenses paid trip for both of them to go to Barcelona to attend Mobile World Congress, where the app will be showcased and the developers will be able to network and promote Pikura.
- Nokia will produce a video promoting Pikura and will publish it on the Nokia YouTube channel for millions of Lumia users to see.
- Nokia will promote the developers on Nokia Developer channels.
- Pikura will get 4 weeks of promotion on Windows Phone Store and App Social.
- They’ll also receive a 10,000 EUR credit on Microsoft Advertising pubCenter or similar to run a campaign to promote Pikura.
Want to give it a try? You can grab Pikura from the Windows Phone Store for free.
Mission Category Winners
As touched on above, we not only have a grand winner for the contest itself, but also one winning app per-category. Here are the final winners:
- Image & Photo - Facebook Cover Cam
- NFC - Imagine Cam
- Maps & Places - Track Runner
- Music - Extreme Music
- Cross-8 - To-Do Prime
- Fun &Games - Trouserheart
- Work Life - Enpass Password Manager & Information Keeper
- Freestyle - Stylist
Each of the above winning entries will be heading to Mobile World Congress 2014 to receive further support from Nokia and co. Congratulations to all winning apps and developers.
Everything we know about Resident Evil Village (so far)
Capcom's next survival-horror title may be Resident Evil 8. Related rumors indicate a first-person setting, some returning characters and more.
Office.com is getting a pretty snazzy new look
Microsoft has started rolling out a new look for its Office web portal for commercial customers. Presumably, the new look will head out to regular Microsoft 365 subscribers at some point, but Microsoft hasn't formally announced the redesign yet.
Microsoft is reportedly considering buying the WB Games division
Microsoft is reportedly considering a bid on Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Previously, Take-Two Interactive, Electronic Arts and Activision were all reportedly interested as well.
These high-powered Dell solutions will keep your business going forward
Performance issues can be a serious bottleneck when it comes to productivity. If you're looking to improve performance to maximize what you and your team can get done, Dell Technologies has everything you need.