Stardock has announced Object Desktop 2018, the latest version of its suite of Windows customization tools, is now available. Releasing just on the heels of the launch of Stardock's latest tool, Groupy, Object Desktop 2018 includes it among a collection of more than a dozen apps that allow you to tweak your desktop in a number of ways.
Object Desktop comes with tools as simple as Shadow FX, which lets you add drop shadows to windows, or as complex as SpaceMonger, which helps you to free up storage space on PCs and in the cloud. Here are some of the highlights of what's included:
- Groupy: Organize multiple applications into grouped tabs as easy as a browser.
- Fences: Automatically organize your desktop shortcuts, icons, and tasks.
- Start10 / Start8: Return a familiar Start menu to Windows 8.x and 10.
- Multiplicity: Control two PCs with only one keyboard and mouse.
- DeskScapes: Personalize your desktop wallpaper with animation, pictures, and video.
Other apps include WindowsBlinds, Launch, IconPackager, WindowsFX, and Tiles.
The tools in Object Desktop aren't going to appeal to everyone. But if you like to tweak and customize every little aspect of your desktop, they can come in handy.
You can pick up Object Desktop 2018 now via Stardock. The suite normally fetches $49.99, but Stardock is currently running a promotion that drops the price to $24.99 alongside the launch of Object Desktop 2018.