Way back in June, we brought the news of the official Tapatalk client for Windows Phone 7.x and 8 arriving on the Store. The release was still early, requiring further development in addition to costing $2.99. We mentioned at the time that the price was set to assist the developer behind the project, Jagoba Los Arcos, who originally developed Foroplex, but the intention was always to make Tapatalk free.
Well, today is that day. Version 1.0.3 has now arrived on the Store and it is $0 for all.
Video: Our first look at Tapatalk for Windows Phone
In case you’re wondering what is Tapatalk (https://www.tapatalk.com/), it’s a standard interface for forums across the internet. While you may login to the super popular Windows Phone Central Forums to chat about your favorite device, you may also be a part of other online communities. Using a Tapatalk enabled forum, you can now have a single, centralized app to access all of your discussions, reply to conversations and manage your accounts.
For many of you, it’s an essential tool and it’s great to see official support on the Windows Phone platform.
Since the initial release of Tapatalk, we have seen a few updates and a very active private beta program. While the app had some initial issues for various forums (hey, it’s hard to standardized these things), it has come a long way. Some recent changes we’ve noted since the initial release:
- Feature: Forum icon added to top title bar to easy see witch forum are you visiting.
- Feature: New home screen on logged forums. You can go back by tap on top title bar.
- Fix: better image support, with real progress bar and animated GIF support
- Some other minor bugs from user error reports solved.
- Added notification in main screen to invite user to join with TapatalkID. Many users do not know that joining with FREE TapatalkID account, we save all account information in our servers (except forum passwords). In this manner, the user get his/her account data backed up and will be able to share these account configuration between different devices. This account also is valid for Tapatalk support forum where users can obtain support for this app.
- Fix some issues in UI and tapatalkID
- Fixed issues with some forums reported by users
Of course at this point you have nothing to lose by giving Tapatalk a shot—after all, it’s completely free and it’s a great tool for discovering online communities. You can pick up version 1.0.3 of Tapatalk in the Store right now.
Tapatalk – Windows Phone 7.x or 8 – 2 MB - $0 – Store Link
Thanks, M C, for the tip
Watch Surface Duo get ripped apart, all to get at its hinge
We've seen the Surface Duo delicately torn down by iFixit, but now it's time for a much messier teardown. YouTuber JerryRigEverything has ripped into Duo to get at its hinge, and it turns out it's a surprisingly simple setup.
Power or agility? We compare Dell's XPS 15 with LG's gram 15.
These two laptops might share a similar footprint, but they're intended for two very different types of user. We break things down to help you get a clear idea of which PC is the better buy for your needs.
Windows x64 app emulation heads to Snapdragon PCs this November
It's official: Windows 10 on ARM laptops are getting x64 app emulation sometime in November (though the Windows Insider program). Microsoft Teams natively optimized for ARM is also coming soon. The news follows Qualcomm's recent announcement of its new Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2 processor and new devices coming this year.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.