Sure, everyone has been having a great time in PUBG on the Xbox One, but one thing we've really been hankering for is the First Person Perspective mode (FPP). And as of the latest patch, that becomes a reality.
Xbox players, a new Xbox update fixing some crashes, bringing FPP Solo mode to Xbox for the first time (EU, NA & OCE servers for now) and other fixes and improvements is going live shortly. Read all the details here: https://t.co/rX6IIQb85RXbox players, a new Xbox update fixing some crashes, bringing FPP Solo mode to Xbox for the first time (EU, NA & OCE servers for now) and other fixes and improvements is going live shortly. Read all the details here: https://t.co/rX6IIQb85R— PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS (@PUBG) January 8, 2018January 8, 2018
It's only for solo players initially and limited to the NA, EU and OCE servers, but the patch should be live very soon after the scheduled server downtime started at 9 a.m. GMT is over.
While FPP mode is the big ticket, there are also a number of fixes and improvements in this patch, including a new ability to adjust aim acceleration in-game. You can find out more on the PUBG forums, or check out the changelog below.
- Aim acceleration can now be adjusted by players via in-game option
- Player weapon damage has been increased against vehicles. We will continue to monitor player feedback and telemetry and make further balancing adjustments as needed in future updates
- FPP Solo matchmaking queue will be made available for NA/EU/and Oceanic servers. We will open other modes within those regions as concurrency allows
- Fixed an issue that caused indoor lighting and shadows to appear too dark and blueish
- Analog stick acceleration added while exiting the plane and while parachuting
- PhysX performance enhancements.
- Server FPS slightly increased.
- Client FPS slightly increased.
- Some VFX received slight optimizations.
- Music on/off option added.
- Addressed a number of known crashes.
- Fixed a UI issue that occurred when multiple players attempted to loot from the same source.
Richard Devine is an Editor at Windows Central. A former Project Manager and long-term tech addict, he joined Mobile Nations in 2011 and has been found on Android Central and iMore as well as Windows Central. Currently you'll find him covering all manner of PC hardware and gaming, and you can follow him on Twitter and Instagram.
Keep bringing those FPS increases. Glad this is getting pretty constant updates compared to other Early Access titles on various platforms - At least this has had a v1.0 release on PC already giving confidence it'll be a finished game on Xbox too eventually
What is the aim acceleration
I’m guessing just sensitivity, hopefully. Unless that is already in the game... not sure though.
The longer you hold the analogue stick the more it speeds up it's movement speed. Good for looking around but for most, it's bad for aiming as it makes aiming inconsistent. I prefer it off
This game was on sale on cdkeys yesterday for $23.99 with a free copy of Assassin's Creed Unity. Needless to say I jumped on the deal, even though I'll probably never get around to playing it that much. So many games so little time.
Hmm, might go buy this for my birthday. They seem to be pushing out patches pretty quick on Xbox, great news
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.