Earlier this month we highlighted a brand new Pocket client in the Windows Phone Store called Poki. It’s the first app from Austrian developer @artistandsocial and it’s absolutely stunning. It’s probably our favorite Pocket app available for Windows Phone. We’re not alone in that sentiment. The app currently holds a 5 star rating in the U.S. and is globally averaging 200-500 downloads a day. Let’s just out the recent update for Poki.
Head into the Windows Phone Store and you’ll now see Poki sitting at version 1.1. Like most updates you’ll find performance and bug fixes packaged in the update. There’s a new registration process that corrected some bugs at launch. Items update faster and Poki won’t show a blank page when resuming from tombstone. Page animations have increased, download speed for articles & images has increased, and much more.
However, we’re really interested in the new features available in v1.1. Here they are:
- Auto-completion for tag editing and add dialog
- New Live tiles + ability to use accent color as background
- Show link dialog when clicking links in articles
- Video (Vimeo/Youtube) support in reading view
- Added Videos to the list filter
- Support for websites with multiple pages
- Ability to report faulty articles
- Help view for login/registration problems
- Toggle for auto-refresh on startup
- Select for voice gender
Not a bad update at all. We’re heavy users of tags in Pocket, so we’re glad to see auto-complete for tags added in Poki. When an article has a YouTube video embedded you’ll be able to open it in your favorite YouTube apps (like myTube or Metrotube).
Want to pick up Poki for Windows Phone? Then go ahead and download it from the Windows Phone Store. ($1.99/Trial)
Via: Poki App
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.