Readit, the popular third-party Reddit app for Windows 10 PC and Mobile, has received a massive update. It adds, among other things, user tagging, cloud sync support and more.
Here's the long list of new features:
- Tag subreddits like in RES
- Adds a tag to a post if it doesn't contain the specified text (only on front page/all and multireddits)
- The tag text is inserted at the beginning of the title just like RES
- Tag users/ignore users like in RES
- Use the ellipsis menu for posts on desktop or right click a post in the post list
- Use the app bar for mobile or press + hold on a post in the post list
- Use the more menu for comments to tag users from a comment
- Add a tag via the advanced settings page
- Adds a tag to the user right next to the username of posts/comments so that you can tag/ignore trolls, friends, known users, etc.
- Keeps track of total vote count - how many up/downvotes you have applied to that user since tagging them
- Keeps count for any user you have voted on ever
How the tagging "ignore" feature works
- Self text for comments, messages and posts are replaced with a message stating that the user is ignored
- If you really want to see the self text of it, the ignored message contains a link that you can click to load the original content
Advanced Settings page added to the settings menu
- Manage user tags and subreddit tags
- RES Settings Import
- Import settings directly from a backup of your RES settings - imports user/subreddit tags and associated data such as vote tracking numbers for users
Cloud Sync has been enabled
- Syncs data using the roaming storage of your MS account (< 100 kb of data)
- Will sync between all devices (desktop/tablet/mobile) as long as you are logged into the same MS account
- Only syncs when an account is added/removed or on app launch
- To force a sync, lock your device that is syncing the data to the cloud and wait 3-5 minutes. MS controls this. After the wait period, check your other device and it should have the data.
- A sync to the cloud occurs if the local file timestamp is newer than the server version
- A sync from the cloud only occurs if the server file timestamp is newer than the local version
- Will sync the following:
- /r/all filter
- Read posts (gold not required)
- User accounts (no passwords stored ever, not even in local storage)
- Only syncs users down to device if there aren't any logged in
- Subreddit tags
- User tags
- New comment count since last visit of posts
- Settings are not synced due to device differences
In addition there are a couple of bug fixes
- Fixed all filter in a certain languages
- Fixed titlebar disappearing on navigation for the desktop UI
I love this app, but I can't seem to figure out to subscribe/unsubscribe a subreddit from within the app - am I missing something super obvious?
When you're viewiing a subreddit access the elipses menu ... , and then choose view sidebar.
Perfect! Thank you - for some reason I never clicked on that because in my mind I thought it was going to do the same thing as opening the hamburger menu, didn't even make the 'sidebar/reddit' connection for some reason.
Go to Subredit -> Click ... -> Open sidebar
If only other apps were as good as Readit. It's the only one I wish I had on my Android phone. Posted from my Note5/950XL
Massive update! Wow!
Dammit, lost my throwaway account cuz I forgot the password and did a hard reset the other day. Sync would've been a great help...lol
Best reddit app out there. Just wish is could play youtube videos in comments in-app like baconit
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.