What you need to know
- Resident Evil Village, or Resident Evil 8, is just around the corner with a release date of May 7, 2021.
- Ahead of release, Resident Evil fans will be able to play the Resident Evil Village time-limited demo.
- The Resident Evil Village second demo will be available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, PS5, PS4, and PC.
- Players will be able to play for up to 60 minutes on their platform of choice starting May 1, 2021.
Capcom revealed crucial information about the second demo for the much-anticipated Resident Evil Village during the April Resident Evil Showcase. The 8th entry in the mainline Resident Evil series celebrates 25 years of some of the best horror games, and takes the series to an all-new location with new horrors to face. Today, it was revealed that players excited for Resident Evil Village will be able to participate in a time-limited demo of the game starting May 1, 2021.
Resident Evil Village also has a brand-new story trailer which showcases more horrifying threats.
Here's what you need to know about the second Resident Evil Village demo:
The second Resident Evil Village demo will be expanded to even more platforms, and will be available on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, PC, and Stadia. Players will be able to experience Resident Evil Village for up to 60 minutes on their platform of choice. The times for the Resident Evil Village demo include:
- North America: May 1 at 5 p.m. until May 2, 2021, at 5 p.m. PT
- Europe: May 2 at 2 a.m. until May 3, 2021, at 2 a.m. CEST
- Asia: May 2 at 8 a.m. until May 3, 2021, at 8 a.m. HKT
Finally, Resident Evil fans on PS5 and PS4 will have an 8-hour early access window in which to experience a slice of Resident Evil Village for up to 30 minutes. Players can pre-load this early access demo starting right now. The times for the Resident Evil Village early access include:
- North America: April 24 at 5 p.m. until April 25, 2021, at 1 a.m. PT
- Europe: April 25 at 7 p.m. until April 26, 2021, at 3 a.m. CEST
- Asia: April 25 at 5 p.m. until April 26, 2021, at 1 a.m. HKT
Resident Evil Village launches officially on May 7, 2021 for all of these platforms, and promises to be the biggest Resident Evil experience yet. You can pre-order Resident Evil Village right now, and Resident Evil Village has multiple pre-order editions to choose from.
The next chapter
Ethan can never catch a break
Resident Evil Village follows Resident Evil 7 and Ethan Winters' story, who has to enter a mysterious castle in search of his kidnapped daughter. You'll get to contend against horrific creatures, including Lady Dimitrescu and her insect daughters.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.