Samsung is preparing to support Windows Phone consumers with an update for the ATIV S flagship device, according to a report over on WindowsPhoneItaly. This firmware update will take each non-branded ATIV S from 24126.96.36.199 (which is Portico) to 24188.8.131.52. Major improvements? The report states that all owners will finally be able to take advantage of Wi-Fi tethering (or "Internet sharing").
We've already got the feature enabled on our Samsung ATIV S, which is also unlocked but it's known that some consumers have been unable to enjoy said functionality. Here are the version numbers for multiple fields on the about screen:
- OS Version: 8.0.10211.204
- Firmware version: 24184.108.40.206 [previously 24220.127.116.11]
- Hardware version: 18.104.22.168
- Radio software version: 2422.214.171.124 [previously 24126.96.36.199]
- Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.800
- Bootloader Version: 13.02. 15.5 [previously 188.8.131.52]
- Processor SOC Version: 1.5.32
When can we expect to see this update rolling out? Before the month is out, so stay tuned for notifications and alerts.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.