What you need to know
- The Nether Update is almost upon us, and Mojang Studios is ironing out the last of the fixes the update needs.
- A new snapshot for the Java Edition continues this steady trickle of tests, with some minor changes as well.
- Piglins get a new animation, and villagers treat jobs differently as of this snapshot.
- Other changes seem to be simply bug fixes and other minor improvements, as expected.
It seems like we've been waiting for the Nether Update for Minecraft for an eternity, but the day of release may be upon us in the next few weeks. Mojang Studios continues to roll out bug fixes to make the update a more polished experience, which is exactly what snapshot 20W22A is meant to do. There are some minor changes here, as well.
All the notable changes in this snapshot include:
- Piglins can now dance in celebration of successful hunts.
- Only one villager can be assigned to any workstation, with seniority taking priority, and villagers now needing to physically visit workstations to take that job.
- Some backend changes to improve things like shaders, transparency, and custom datapacks.
- Lots of bug fixes.
As I mentioned before, this snapshot is a rather small one. Still, watching a piglin dance might be a lot of fun, and gives them even more depth to their culture and personality. Any improvements to the game to help make the Nether Update better at launch is much appreciated too.
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is a veritable, inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch, Android, and iOS. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
Logitech's new racing wheel brings the feel of the track to your hands
Logitech debuted the G923 today, a new racing wheel and pedals that bring the feel of the track to life. The G923 comes with Logitech's "TRUEFORCE" force feedback system, which simulates the track, wheels, and everything else you'd want to feel in a sim racer.
We compare the Lenovo Legion 5i 15 with the ASUS TUF Gaming A15
Shopping for a new gaming laptop that hits mid-range performance and costs around $1,000? Check out how the Lenovo's Legion 5i 15 compares to the ASUS TUF Gaming A15.
Best Minecraft Fan-made Art, T-Shirts, Stickers, Posters, and more!
Minecraft has become a global phenomenon over the years, and its fans have created tons of awesome different Minecraft-themed accessories and apparel for others to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites!