Spotify is now available for Windows Phones running Windows Mobile 6 and higher. The popular European music app allows users to stream music to their device from a music library of 10 million tracks.
Spotify's features include:
- Listen to millions of tracks with Spotify’s constantly updated catalogue
- Stream over WiFi or 2.5/3G
- Listen to tracks and albums in their entirety. Rewind, fast-forward, pause, skip and shuffle
- Continue to run Spotify in the background while texting, making calls, web browsing etc
- Playlists can be downloaded and played in offline mode when you have no connection, are on a plane or underground, or abroad
- Wirelessly sync your local files to your phone
- On-the-fly sync - every track you add to a playlist appears instantly on mobile and computer
- Starred tracks - tag all your favourites into a special list
You can download the app by pointing your mobile browser to m.spotify.com or visit the Spotify website. Presently, Spotify is only available in parts of Europe with hopes that it will become available in the U.S. shortly. Spotify will also be available for Windows Phone 7 sometime after launch.
George is the Reviews Editor at Windows Central, concentrating on Windows 10 PC and Mobile apps. He's been a supporter of the platform since the days of Windows CE and uses his current Windows 10 Mobile phone daily to keep up with life and enjoy a game during down time.
Another thing striked off of the WP7 haters list. Big news for EU WP7 buyers who can't get Zune Pass.
Now, we can have the Zune Pass (or maybe, just british people, but I Know it's coming), but, btw, European people don't like to buy music :D They DL it free !
SPOTIFY ROXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX !
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.