What you need to know
- Star Wars Battlefront II is a multiplayer game set in the intriguing universe.
- The game has received tremendous post-launch support since launch.
- It's getting even more Clone Wars content on June 26.
- You can purchase the game for $15 on Amazon.
Star Wars Battlefront II is a first and third-person multiplayer shooter from DICE — an EA studio. Over the past year, it has received a slew of updates which added more and more content to the game. However, some of the most spectacular showdowns may be ahead of us. Today, the company announced another major update for this month.
On June 26, more Star Wars: The Clone Wars content is coming to the game as part of the "Where are those Droidekas? Update." You'll be to experience new modes, maps, and more. Some of the major additions are listed below.
- Capital Supremacy Naboo: The conflict has spread to the streets of Theed on Naboo. The capital city of Theed is one of the most iconic locations within the Clone Wars. The entirety of the battle takes place within the city streets
- Droideka: One of the most feared droids finally joins the Separatist army, wielding twin blasters and personal deflector shield generators, making them a formidable foe
- TX-130: Not to be outshined by the Separatists, the Galactic Republic will also be receiving a new reinforcement in the form the TX-130 Saber-class fighting tank. The TX-130 will provide the Galactic Republic with an armored fighting vehicle
- General Skywalker: Deploying onto the battlefront this month is the General Skywalker appearance for Anakin. The General Skywalker appearance will be available for 1,000 crystals or 40,000 credits.
- Camouflage: Certain troops will get new camouflage skins. You can also buy them for crystals of credits.
- Maps: Coming later this year will be a brand new planet to Star Wars Battlefront II. The colorful jungle world of Felucia will be arriving later in 2019 and is being built for Capital Supremacy.
It's great to see that Star Wars Battlefront II is being supported this well even after all these years. Even to this day, it's one of the best-looking games on Xbox One X due to its 4K resolution and 60 frames per second presentation.
Star Wars Battlefront II ignited a microtransactions controversy which a lot of foreign governments cracked down on. While EA eventually changed the business model of the game, it still left customers with an uneasy feeling about the future. Not only did the microtransactions impact the review scores, but they overshadowed anything positive about the game, like its short single-player campaign.
Multiplayer Star Wars
Relive some of the greatest battle scenarios
Star Wars Battlefront II is a first and third-person multiplayer shooter from EA. Over the past year, it has received a slew of updates which added more and more content to the game. However, some of the most spectacular showdowns may be ahead of us.
Excellent and affordable Xbox accessories
Up your Xbox experience with one (or all) of these budget accessories, all of which are approved by the gamers of Windows Central.
PowerA Play & Charge Kit for Xbox One ($15 at Amazon)
This charging kit keeps your Xbox One wireless controllers juiced up, and it offers batteries for two controllers. At just $15, this is hands-down our favorite budget charging companion.
ElecGear 4 Port USB Xbox One S Hub ($19 at Amazon)
This brilliant little USB splitter hub attaches perfectly to the side of your Xbox One S console. It's ideal for use with chargers, controllers, headsets, and more.
Controller Gear stand ($13 at Amazon)
Proudly display your Xbox gamepads with this stylish and functional stand. The licensed design is minimalist and black, and it has a hidden storage compartment, making the price of $13 a real steal.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.