A few days ago, State of Decay 2 launched to mixed reviews around the world. The game was praised for its deep mechanics, but the fact that it exhibited frame rate issues even on Xbox One X and suffered from numerous glitches was a cause for concern. Luckily, the developer just released a new patch which brings long-awaited changes.
According to Undead Labs, the most noticeable changes in this patch include stability, performance and multiplayer improvements. The update comes in at a whopping 20 GB on Xbox One and includes a massive number of quality-of-life fixes throughout the game. Some of the main changes are listed below.
- Increased stability.
- Improved networking interactions.
- Improved networked vehicle interactions.
- Numerous networking bandwidth and CPU improvements.
- Elimination of certain crashes.
- Grenades no longer get stuck and explode in front of you or behind your head.
- Flashlight beams no longer cast shadows from the player.
- Fixed issue with doors appearing open while they were closed and vice versa.
- Fixed rare issue that could prevent the "Warlord" story from being completed.
- Fixed rare issue that could block the "Sheriff" story from starting.
- Zombies no longer become immune to the "Assault Kick" move.
- Fixed areas in the maps where players were getting stuck.
It's great to see the developer quickly address a wide range of problems. Hopefully more patches will hit the game soon so it can become a polished experience. Surprisingly, this hasn't stopped the title from being enjoyed by countless gamers around the world. A few days ago, Microsoft announced that State of Decay 2 crossed a million players since its May launch.
State of Decay 2 is a co-op multiplayer game which forces you to survive in the wake of a zombie apocalypse. Players have to work together, build bases, and form communities if they wish to survive in this hostile land. You can purchase the game for $29.99, or play it for free if you're a $9.99 Xbox Game Pass subscriber.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.