It's like a live podcast, only you also get to watch a game while chatting with our awesome readers and viewers! We call this show Saturday Game School, because learning about new games is always fun.
Tonight at 9PM Eastern (8PM CT, 6PM PT, 1AM GMT) on Mixer, we'll be playing SUPERHOT, the acclaimed time-bending first-person shooter. We're also out more than twenty codes for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Steam (each a $25 value)! Read on for quick impressions and contest details.
Just follow us at Mixer.com/WindowsCentral, enable email notifications, watch along, and participate in chat for your chance to win. After the stream ends, be sure to check back for the YouTube replay video and contest winners.
From its humble origins at a game development jam, SUPERHOT went on to become a Kickstarter success story and indie hit on consoles and PC.
The concept of the game is simple: play through a series of ultra-short first-person shooter levels. But there's a catch. Time only moves when you do. Stand still, and so do the red-colored enemies out to get you. Take aim, and they start moving again, so you need to play it carefully!
- Endless Mode - How long can you last against unyielding waves of enemies?
- Challenge Mode - Take on SUPERHOT with your bare hands, no restarts, timed runs, and more.
- Replay Director - Edit and share your most epic in-game moments
- Extras - Delve further into SUPERHOT with mini-games, ASCII art, and (redacted).
SUPERHOT is a completely unique mix of first-person shooting and time-bending puzzle gameplay. With a distinct red-and-white look, tons of levels, and plenty of extras, it's overflowing with content and charm. See our full review for more details!
We streamed SUPERHOT for ~90 minutes. During that time, we gave out a total of twenty SUPERHOT game codes:
- Ten for Xbox One
- Five for PlayStation 4 (North American accounts only)
- Five for Steam
See the winners at the end of this story.
How to watch Mixer livestreams
We stream exclusively on Mixer, Microsoft's interactive live streaming platform (formerly known as Beam). It provides some welcome improvements over Twitch, such as a cleaner website layout, built-in stream interactivity, and extremely low latency.
You can follow our channel at Mixer.com/WindowsCentral. From there, you'll be able to watch the stream and participate in chat directly from any web browser, including the Windows Phone browsers.
To receive email notifications when our Mixer streams go live:
- First, follow our channel.
- Now select your profile from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Pick the Account option near the bottom of the menu.
- Go to the Notifications tab.
- Make sure Send me important email updates on the Mixer platform is enabled. This option is labeled deceptively, but it's required for all forms of email notifications.
- Click or tap the Email box next to our channel name until a check appears. That's it!
- We highly recommend that you set a recurring alarm on your phone. Our weekend stream always starts at the same time (9 PM Eastern/6 PM Pacific), so the phone reminder can be very helpful.
Want to know what's next for Windows Central's weekend Mixer programming? We stream a different game every Saturday (and sometimes Sunday). The stream always starts at the same time: 9 PM Eastern (8 PM Central, 6 PM Pacific, 1 AM GMT). Over the next few weeks, we'll be streaming the following (schedule not finalized):
- August 5 : Gigantic, the free to play MOBA for Xbox and Windows 10 from Perfect World. Win a starter pack with characters and items!
- August 12: Marvel Puzzle Quest, D3's addictive puzzle-RPG featuring Marvel Superheroes!
- August 19: Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae, the Japanese indie action game in which schoolgirls used swords to battle monsters. We love to showcase unique games on Saturday Game School!
- August 26: No stream, as Paul will be out of town at QuakeCon.
- September 2: Penarium, a sadistic 2D platformer from Team17 that takes place in a deadly circus.
- September 9: Letter Quest Remastered, the best spelling-RPG/word game on Xbox One.
We hope you'll tune in as often as you can! Set a recurring alarm on your phone so you'll always know when it's time for the stream to start.
These winners are feeling hot, hot, hot!
Tonight's prizes provided by SUPERHOT Team. Thanks also to our stream moderators for keeping the peace and giving away the prizes!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
'Mercury' is the code name of a large Xbox Store update, coming soon
You may have seen images of an app called "Mercury" floating around in Xbox communities. Here's what it is, and what we know so far.
Minecraft Dungeons: 10 things that we'd love to see improved
Minecraft Dungeons is a great game, but as we max out the game and hit full completion, there are a few things we think could easily be improved. Here are ten of them.
How Microsoft Teams changed my football team during the pandemic
The global health crisis caused my football team's practices and season to be canceled. To continue coaching, we switched to virtual classroom sessions using Microsoft Teams.
Best Xbox-themed Pride Accessories
June is LGBT Pride Month, which means that it's time to show your spirit! Check out these awesome Xbox-themed LGBT Pride accessories.