Microsoft's nearly one year old Surface 2 tablet, running on Windows RT 8.1, is the only one among Microsoft's Surface tablets to receive a firmware update today, as part of the company's monthly "Patch Tuesday" event.
Here's the change log of what's included in the update, which should be rolling out to all Surface 2 devices today:
- Surface 2 UEFI update (v4.22.500) addresses case where the battery drains under the 0% level and will not charge.
- System Aggregator Firmware update (v1.0.51500.0) increases the overall reliability and compatibility with a Surface Pro Type Cover.
- Surface Platform Power Driver update (v2.0.716.0) adjusts the minimum charge current to address the case where the battery drains under the 0% level and will not charge, and enhances the overall system stability.
- Surface Accessory Device update (v2.0.671.0) enhances the user experience with a Surface cover.
- Audio and Display driver set (v18.104.22.16822) improves sound and video display performance, and resolves the case where a display driver caused system instability on resuming the system from sleep.
- Surface Cover Click (v2.0.643.0) update enhances the user experience when connecting/disconnecting a Surface Pro Type Cover.
- Surface Type Cover Filter Device (v2.0.682.0) adds support for a Japanese Surface Pro Type Cover on non-Japanese Surface 2 models.
Microsoft released a small firmware update last week for the Surface Pro 3 that added some features to its Surface Pen. Today, Microsoft noted that while the Surface Pro 3 is not getting another update today, it will release one "in the coming weeks to further improve Wi-Fi connectivity and include other fixes."
Source: Surface 2 history
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.