What you need to know
- A new set of firmware updates is now available for the Surface Pro 4.
- The updates bring improvements for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity for devices on the May 2019 Update.
- For those on the April 2018 Update or later, there are also battery improvements tagging along.
The Surface Pro 4 is getting a little long in the tooth, but Microsoft is still pushing out new firmware updates for the device. This week, the company released a new set of updates (opens in new tab) (via MSPU) for Surface Pro 4 tablets running the April 2018 Update or later, though two of them are restricted to devices on the Windows 10 May 2019 Update.
For those on the May 2019 Update, you'll get improvements to both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. Here's a look at what's included:
- Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter - Bluetooth
- 15.68.17013.110 improves Bluetooth connectivity.
- Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller – Network adapters
- 15.68.17013.110 improves Wi-Fi connectivity.
If you're on the April 2018 Update or later, you'll snag a couple of different updates, with one focused on battery performance:
- Surface Embedded Controller Firmware – Firmware
- 103.2614.257.0 improves battery performance.
- Surface Integration – System devices
- 188.8.131.52 improves integration between services.
All four updates should be available now for Surface Pro 4 owners via Windows Update.
Our favorite Surface accessories from Microsoft
Every one of these valuable Surface accessories is Windows Central Approved and guaranteed to please.
Surface Precision Mouse (opens in new tab) ($77 at Amazon)
The Surface Precision Mouse is not only one of favorite Surface accessories, it's one of our favorite mice for any PC. It's packed with valuable features and customizable buttons. Its scrolling and tracking are seamless and spot-on. And it's rechargeable so you never have to buy new batteries for it.
Surface Pen (opens in new tab) (From $72 at Amazon)
Every Surface owner needs this Pen. Period. It supports 4,096 levels of pressure sensitivity, tilt support for shading density, and enjoys supremely low latency. When paired with a Surface PC, the potential is endless. And it comes in a bunch of cool colors.
Surface Dock (opens in new tab) ($136 at Amazon)
With two Mini DisplayPorts, four USB-A 3.0 ports, an Ethernet port, and a 3.5mm audio jack, this dock gives you the ports you need to stay connected to all your favorite devices. Plus, it easily turns your Surface into a desktop power hub. We highly recommend it.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
This update has helped my Surface, but it's still slower than my work Dell laptop. I really hope the next Surface devices use anything but these awful Marvell chips.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.