Surface Studio snags set of firmware updates focused on reliability, stability
Xbox Wireless Adapter reliability and general stability improvements are tagging along in the latest batch of Surface Studio updates.
Microsoft this week began shipping out another set of firmware updates for the Surface Studio, bringing along a variety of stability and reliability improvements across the board. One of the main highlights here is an improvement to the reliability of the Xbox Wireless Adapter, but the updates also improve the ink on hover threshold and resolve a couple of security issues.
Here's a look at all of what's new (via MSPU):
- Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows – Network adapters: 22.214.171.124 improves reliability of the Xbox Wireless Adapter.
- Surface Pen Firmware Update – System: 126.96.36.199 improves ink on hover threshold.
- Surface Pen Integration Device – Human Interface Devices: 188.8.131.52 improves ink on hover threshold.
- Surface UEFI – Firmware: 118.2311.770.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft Security Advisory 180012 and 180013.
- Surface ME – Firmware: 184.108.40.20648 improves system stability.
- Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System: 220.127.116.117 improves system stability.
According to Microsoft's update tracker, these fixes began rolling out on October 1. If you own a Surface Studio, you should be able to snag them now via Windows Update.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the former Editor-in-Chief of Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl.