Microsoft this week began shipping out another set of firmware updates for the Surface Studio, bringing along a variety of stability and reliability improvements across the board. One of the main highlights here is an improvement to the reliability of the Xbox Wireless Adapter, but the updates also improve the ink on hover threshold and resolve a couple of security issues.
- Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows – Network adapters: 188.8.131.52 improves reliability of the Xbox Wireless Adapter.
- Surface Pen Firmware Update – System: 184.108.40.206 improves ink on hover threshold.
- Surface Pen Integration Device – Human Interface Devices: 220.127.116.11 improves ink on hover threshold.
- Surface UEFI – Firmware: 118.2311.770.0 resolves potential security vulnerabilities, including Microsoft Security Advisory 180012 and 180013.
- Surface ME – Firmware: 18.104.22.16848 improves system stability.
- Intel(R) Management Engine Interface – System: 22.214.171.1247 improves system stability.
According to Microsoft's update tracker, these fixes began rolling out on October 1. If you own a Surface Studio, you should be able to snag them now via Windows Update.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Tilt support?
already has it since a few months
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.