What you need to know
- SwiftKey Beta on Android recently gained support for 49 additional languages.
- The keyboard app now supports several additional languages from Uganda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
- You can download SwiftKey Beta directly from the Google Play Store.
SwiftKey Beta on Android recently gained support for 49 additional languages (via MSPU). The update brings support for several languages from Uganda, Tanzania, and Zambia. SwiftKey allows you to quickly swap between languages within the layout section of the keyboard.
The Google Play Store listing for SwiftKey Beta lists all of the newly supported languages,
- 10 from Uganda (Adhola, Ik, Konzo, Lugbara, Ma'di, Nyankore, Nyoro, Teso, Tooro, Soga)
- 25 from Tanzania (Bena, Kwere, Gogo, Haya, Hehe, Hadza, Iraqw, Machame, Makonde, Kisi, Kagulu, Langi, Malila, Ndali, Nilamba, Nyamwezi, Nyakyusa-Ngonde, Mochi, Pogolo, Nyaturu, Luguru, Sandawe, Sukuma, Datooga, Vunjo)
- 11 from Zambia (Kaonde, Lamba, Lenje, Luvale, Lunda, Mbunda, Mambwe-Lungu, Mashi, Nyamwanga
To access your language settings within SwiftKey, tap the layout section from your keyboard. There, you can switch between languages that you've downloaded as well as QWERTY, AZERTY, and other layouts. To add more languages, open the app from your app drawer and tap languages. Within that section, you'll see a list of your downloaded languages, suggested languages, and other languages that you can add to your keyboard.
SwiftKey provides a variety of input methods for your Android device's keyboard. You can swipe to type, dictate text, and share emojis and GIFs through SwiftKey.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
How to sell your old Xbox to buy a new Xbox Series X, Series S
Looking to upgrade to the Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S? Here are our tips for selling your original Xbox One console.
These are the best 27-inch monitors money can buy
A 27-inch monitor is just about the perfect size without having to sit too far away or whip your head back and forth to follow things across the screen. If you’re in the market for a new monitor, check out our top picks.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.