T-Mobile HD2 to get ROM update tomorrow; fixes many bugs
Lest we forget our valiant HD2 on T-Mobile, it appears HTC is set to roll out a nice ROM update tomorrow. This will bring the software version to 3.14.531.1, will reportedly fix a lot of bugs, improve stability and introduce some new apps including Shazam and Amazon MP3. The following issues will be fixed with the update:
- Browsing Facebook photos is slow
- White screen while browsing the internet
- Cannot delete GMAIL messages from the preview screen
- SMS sends to the wrong person
- Twitter errors
- Cannot unlock the phone
- Cannot unlock the phone with the correct password
- No space bar on company directory keyboard
- Can’t hear Visual Voicemails
- Speakerphone stops working after using the Call Assist app to call 611
Dang, those are some serious bugs! Users can navigate to www.t-mobile.com/wmupgrade or receive a text message of the update automatically. Very cool and good luck HD2'ers!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.