Lest we forget our valiant HD2 on T-Mobile, it appears HTC is set to roll out a nice ROM update tomorrow. This will bring the software version to 3.14.531.1, will reportedly fix a lot of bugs, improve stability and introduce some new apps including Shazam and Amazon MP3. The following issues will be fixed with the update:
- Browsing Facebook photos is slow
- White screen while browsing the internet
- Cannot delete GMAIL messages from the preview screen
- SMS sends to the wrong person
- Twitter errors
- Cannot unlock the phone
- Cannot unlock the phone with the correct password
- No space bar on company directory keyboard
- Can’t hear Visual Voicemails
- Speakerphone stops working after using the Call Assist app to call 611
Dang, those are some serious bugs! Users can navigate to www.t-mobile.com/wmupgrade (opens in new tab) or receive a text message of the update automatically. Very cool and good luck HD2'ers!
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been here covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, Microsoft Surface, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics and ran the projectors at movie theaters, which has done absolutely nothing for his career.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.