Third-party Twitter client Tweetium has received an update that includes the social netowrk's recently announced UI changes, which include turning favorites to likes and stars to hearts. The service is also adding Giphy integration directly into tweets, and will muted auto-play videos in your timeline when on Wi-Fi or a wired connection.
Here's the detailed breakdown of what's new in version 4.0.4:
- The Twitter overlords have decreed that Favorites are no longer their favorite, but they heart Likes. -- I hope you like them too! (because Twitter is quite insistent that we adopt them!)
- Giphy integration! Just type /giphy followed by some words into your tweet. /giphy happy dance
- Twitter videos and GIFs now auto-play (muted) in the timeline when on WiFi or a wired connection. -- A new options lets you disable this, or restrict it to only GIFs.
- Fix some bugs where embedded Twitter media would not show in expanded tweets if other media (e.g. YouTube links) were included.
- Tweets no longer include previews for external image services (e.g. Instagram) if Twitter images are also present. -- Most of the time they are different copies of the same image, and the Twitter ones look and work better.
- Added a "clear attachments" entry to the media upload menu for your easy-attachment-clearing pleasure.
- Fixed a case where your friends would get shy and stop showing up in the @ suggestions list temporarily.
- Fixed keyboarding in the user account flyout.
- Finally tracked down the elusive bug where the hover / quick action buttons would occasionally open the tweet instead of taking effect. Hurray!
- The trial mode notice was not playing nice with other parts of the UI. It has been sternly disciplined.
Tweetium is a universal app, which means that you'll be able to access the Windows Phone client as well as the desktop version by paying $2.99 once.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.