Video of Windows Phone 8 GDR3 and Nokia Bittersweet shimmer in action
As we continue the saga of the Lumia 920 loaded with GDR3 (Windows Phone 8 Build 10484), the forthcoming OS update from Microsoft, this afternoon we can bring you a video of the updated OS being operated.
The video comes directly from the leaker in our forums, xs2k, who was kind enough to provide Windows Phone Central with a copy earlier this morning. The nearly four minute video, mostly silent, shows the OS being manipulated and various features being revealed, confirming the authenticity.
Features in GDR3 + Bittersweet shimmer that are now confirmed include:
- Custom sounds for text, voice mail, e-mail, and reminders (not seen in this build of GDR3)
- Restore over Wi-Fi when you reset your phone
- Huge amount of work on Bluetooth with various vehicles and devices
- Driving Mode
- Screen rotation lock
- 'X' to close out apps in multitasking
- Icon for multitasking apps
- General performance improvements
- 1080P Display support (for new devices)
- Support for new Qualcomm chipsets
We may have more video footage to bring you later today, based on feedback in our forums. Stay tuned...
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Daniel Rubino is the Editor-in-chief of Windows Central, head reviewer, podcast co-host, and analyst. He has been covering Microsoft since 2007 when this site was called WMExperts (and later Windows Phone Central). His interests include Windows, laptops, next-gen computing, and for some reason, watches. Before all this tech stuff, he worked on a Ph.D. in linguistics, watched people sleep (for medical purposes!), and ran the projectors at movie theaters because it was fun.