The Weather Channel gives its Windows Phone app a major visual makeover
The Weather Channel app for Windows Phone just got a big update today, bringing with it a new design as well as other features to help give its users the latest local forecast in style. The user interface now mirrors the one utilized in the official apps for both iOS and Android.
For a complete breakdown as to what's new in the Weather Channel app, here's the full changelog:
- Complete redesign: More beautiful & easy-to-use.
- Social Weather: Report your weather conditions to us! We'll use the information to improve the forecast & map out what others are reporting or tracking in your area. Plus, your report will be added to your personalized weather history, so you can track your past reports. To complete your report, remember to take a photo and share it with your friends.
- Seasonal tools: Hurricane Central, Airport delays, pollen counts, and boat & beach planner
- Improved navigation—swiping right to left allows you to browse your saved locations, whereas the detailed forecasts and stories can be viewed by swiping up and down.
Head to the store, download the update, and let us know what you think!
Thanks to David and Adamm for the tips!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Now neither live tile works at all.
Edit : LOL,Store rating is only 3.3 :P
1. Only allows you to add locations, can not delete.
2. Feedback link takes you to a beta download page in the store and when you attempt to download it says you don't have permission.
3. Will not allow you to update profile addresses.
This should be listed as a beta as it is far from a finished product.
*taken to 'Weather[Beta] store listing*
"Sorry, you don't have permission to download this app."
Weather channel never did that not 10 days in advance anyway, now it does so we'll see who's more accurate.
Even after reinstall and soft reset.