What you need to know
- A new Insider build is available.
- Mostly under the hood improvements.
- Available for Fast and Skip Ahead rings.
Another week, another build for Insiders in the Fast and Skip Ahead rings to test. Today's build is 19841, and is packing mostly under the hood changes, like most 20H1 builds so far. Microsoft is yet to introduce any major new features for 20H1, so hopefully that'll start to happen soon.
- Updating the Korean IME: Earlier in this development cycle, we released updated versions of both the Chinese and Japanese IMEs. As part of our ongoing efforts to modernize and improve your typing experience in Windows, today we're rolling out an updated version of the Korean IME to all Insiders in the Fast ring. This update is going out with the goal of making the IME more secure, reliable, and more beautiful to look at.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some users experiencing a large amount of lag when using the previous flight.
- We fixed an issue where explorer.exe would crash if you started a File Explorer search while in a OneDrive folder.
- We fixed an issue where if you searched for advanced Windows Update options, the search result would open to the main Windows Update Settings page, rather than the advanced one.
- We fixed an issue where Settings would crash if you clicked on the microphone section under Privacy Settings while audio recording was in progress by a Win32 application.
- If you have attempted to install Build 18936 or Build 18941 and experienced install failures with error code c1900101 – see below section regarding this issue.
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- Tamper Protection may be turned off in Windows Security after updating to this build. You can turn it back on. In August, Tamper Protection will return to being on by default for all Insiders.
- On occasion, the candidate selection in prediction candidate window for the Japanese IME doesn't match with the composition string. We are investigating the issue.
Hands-on with Surface Duo's OS gestures, spanning, app groups, and more
Microsoft's Surface Duo is coming soon, and the company has been working hard on finalizing the version of Android that will be shipping on Surface Duo later this year. Microsoft has released several emulator builds over the last few months, with each one progressing with new changes, bug fixes, and overall polish. Let's go hands-on with the latest build!
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and it's time to run through everything you need to know about the game.
Teams is raising the bar to 1,000 participants in interactive meetings
Microsoft Teams will soon give users the ability to hold massive interactive meetings. The company is upping the participant limit of interactive meetings to 1,000. Further, presentations will soon be able to hold up to 20,000 viewers.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.