What you need to know
- A new Insider build is available.
- Mostly under the hood improvements.
- Available for Fast and Skip Ahead rings.
Another week, another build for Insiders in the Fast and Skip Ahead rings to test. Today's build is 19841, and is packing mostly under the hood changes, like most 20H1 builds so far. Microsoft is yet to introduce any major new features for 20H1, so hopefully that'll start to happen soon.
- Updating the Korean IME: Earlier in this development cycle, we released updated versions of both the Chinese and Japanese IMEs. As part of our ongoing efforts to modernize and improve your typing experience in Windows, today we're rolling out an updated version of the Korean IME to all Insiders in the Fast ring. This update is going out with the goal of making the IME more secure, reliable, and more beautiful to look at.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some users experiencing a large amount of lag when using the previous flight.
- We fixed an issue where explorer.exe would crash if you started a File Explorer search while in a OneDrive folder.
- We fixed an issue where if you searched for advanced Windows Update options, the search result would open to the main Windows Update Settings page, rather than the advanced one.
- We fixed an issue where Settings would crash if you clicked on the microphone section under Privacy Settings while audio recording was in progress by a Win32 application.
- If you have attempted to install Build 18936 or Build 18941 and experienced install failures with error code c1900101 – see below section regarding this issue.
- There has been an issue with older versions of anti-cheat software used with games where after updating to the latest 19H1 Insider Preview builds may cause PCs to experience crashes. We are working with partners on getting their software updated with a fix, and most games have released patches to prevent PCs from experiencing this issue. To minimize the chance of running into this issue, please make sure you are running the latest version of your games before attempting to update the operating system. We are also working with anti-cheat and game developers to resolve similar issues that may arise with the 20H1 Insider Preview builds and will work to minimize the likelihood of these issues in the future.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- Tamper Protection may be turned off in Windows Security after updating to this build. You can turn it back on. In August, Tamper Protection will return to being on by default for all Insiders.
- On occasion, the candidate selection in prediction candidate window for the Japanese IME doesn't match with the composition string. We are investigating the issue.
Galaxy Buds Live earbuds review: Are these pricey Bluetooth beans worth it?
What if headphones, were beans? That's what Samsung asked itself, and then ultimately answered with the Galaxy Buds Live. But are these pricey earbuds worth it? Or do they not even amount to a hill of beans. Beans beans beans beans.
Review: Until you Fall will punish you, but it's worth it
Until You Fall is a VR roguelite that'll challenge your skills with a blade, your wits, and your arm muscles. It's now available on the Oculus Quest, Oculus Quest 2, PlayStation VR (PSVR), and PC VR platforms including SteamVR and Oculus Rift.
The new 16:10 ThinkPad X1 Nano ships later this year for $1,400
Lenovo's new ThinkPad X1 Nano is a super thin and light business laptop, but it definitely still brings the power. Intel's 11th Gen chips, Evo certification, 5G connectivity, and a weight just over two pounds all make this one to watch out for.
The NFL is back! Check out these must-have Windows apps for football fans
After months of waiting through a unique offseason and no preseason games, the NFL is finally back this week. With these Windows 10 apps, you won't miss a snap of the NFL action.