The week is coming to an end, and Microsoft is capping things off with a new Windows 10 preview release for Slow ring Insiders. The latest release brings the Slow ring up to build number 18362, which only includes a couple of fixes and known issues.
What's interesting about this build is that it's currently live on both the Slow and Fast rings. This usually only happens when an update has reached an RTM milestone, which could signal that Windows 10 update 19H1 could be very close to completion. Of course, that could always change if any major bugs make themselves known.
Here's a recap of what's new in 18362.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Connect app crashing on launch for some Insiders.
- We fixed the issue with Microsoft Store app updates not automatically installing.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
For more, you can check out the full release notes at the Windows Blog. Otherwise, Slow ring Insiders can pick up build 18362 via Windows Update now.
RTM is near....
It's concerning that their list of known issues has had the same things for a long time.
Issues like the GSOD likely requires updates from third parties so not really something Microsoft can fix. Same goes for the X-Fi cards, might require a new driver from Creative to get them running properly.
Is it gonna release April 2nd, together with Visual Studio 2019? I'd love that.
First one that failed to install on my Surface book 2. Hangs at 7% and then rolls back.
This is a known issue now and MSFT is working on it. Be sure to go to the Feedback Hub and upvote and comment. https://aka.ms/AA4jxt8
Hi! Did you have problems on the 18/09 using mice on your surface book 2? (I can't connect my surface Mouse, Surface mobile mouse, or they both connect properly but there's no way they work correctly ^^ ) Thx!
I'm on build 18356.1 right now. I use MS Bluetooth keyboard, mouse and Surface headphones. All working with any issues.
Same issue. I upvoted it on the below link.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.