The week is coming to an end, and Microsoft is capping things off with a new Windows 10 preview release for Slow ring Insiders. The latest release brings the Slow ring up to build number 18362, which only includes a couple of fixes and known issues.
What's interesting about this build is that it's currently live on both the Slow and Fast rings. This usually only happens when an update has reached an RTM milestone, which could signal that Windows 10 update 19H1 could be very close to completion. Of course, that could always change if any major bugs make themselves known.
Here's a recap of what's new in 18362.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Connect app crashing on launch for some Insiders.
- We fixed the issue with Microsoft Store app updates not automatically installing.
- Launching games that use anti-cheat software may trigger a bugcheck (GSOD).
- Creative X-Fi sound cards are not functioning properly. We are partnering with Creative to resolve this issue.
- Some Realtek SD card readers are not functioning properly. We are investigating the issue.
- If you install any of the recent builds from the Fast ring and switch to the Slow ring, optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You will have to remain in the Fast ring to add/install/enable optional content. This is because optional content will only install on builds approved for specific rings.
For more, you can check out the full release notes at the Windows Blog. Otherwise, Slow ring Insiders can pick up build 18362 via Windows Update now.
Overwatch vs. Overwatch 2: What are the differences?
Overwatch 2 is on the horizon, but something a lot of people don't know yet is what you get with it that you don't (or won't) get from the original Overwatch game. Here's our guide to the differences between what you get with Overwatch and Overwatch 2.
These great Thunderbolt 3 docks turn your laptop into a desktop
Looking to make the most of your super-fast Thunderbolt 3 connection? The CalDigit TS3 Plus is our top pick thanks to plenty of ports and solid construction, but there are a bunch of other options that might better suit your needs.
Windows 10 build 19569 hits Fast ring with new icons, more
Windows Insiders in the Fast ring have a new preview build to check out today. The latest release puts the build number at 19569, and it comes alongside new icons and general changes and improvements.
The Super Bowl is finally here. Check out these must-see Windows apps
After an excellent regular season and a thrilling first few rounds of the NFL Playoffs, the Super Bowl is finally here. Here are the best Windows 10 apps to help you enjoy the big game.