What you need to know
- Slow ring Insiders can get their hands on a new Windows 10 preview build today.
- This build acts as a cumulative update, bringing securiy fixes to Insiders.
- You can grab this update as build 19041.84 via Windows Update now.
There's a new Windows 10 preview build now available for Insiders enrolled in the Slow ring. This update isn't a major one; instead, it acts as a cumulative update for Insiders. Appropriately, it includes security updates for several parts of Windows 10, along with a minor bug fix.
Here's a look at what's included in build 19041.84:
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Media, Windows Shell, the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Virtualization, Windows Peripherals, Windows Network Security and Containers, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and Windows Server.
- We have fixed an issue where in certain cases, after Windows runs a scheduled task during a maintenance window, a PC may get into an unbootable state after installing Build 19041.21 (KB4535550).
There's also a single known issue included in this build. Here's a look:
- We are aware Narrator and NVDA users that seek the latest release of Microsoft Edge based on Chromium may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content. Narrator, NVDA and the Edge teams are aware of these issues. Users of legacy Microsoft Edge will not be affected. NVAccess has released a NVDA 2019.3 that resolves the known issue with Edge.
If you're a Windows Insider and you're enrolled in the Slow ring, you can grab this update now via Windows Update. For more on this release, you can also check out Microsoft's full release notes.