Microsoft is rolling out another new Fast ring Windows 10 Insider preview build today. Coming in at 17744, today's build lacks any new features, which is to be expected as Microsoft continues to prepare for the update's final release this fall. Instead, there are plenty of bug fixes included, along with a short list of known issues to be aware of.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in certain apps crashing when sending Timeline activities.
- We fixed an impactful race condition in recent flights resulting in Cortana crashing when launching tips and doing web searches.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the nearby sharing section of the Share UI not being visible for some users despite being enabled.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the contents of the Microsoft Edge window becoming offset from its window frame.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the spellchecking menu appearing in the wrong place when you right-clicked on a misspelled word in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders using Windows 10 in S Mode recently resulting opening Word from a Word Online document not working.
- We fixed an issue in Narrator so when toggling a checkbox with a braille display and Narrator, the displayed state is now updated and the control information is maintained on the display.
- You may experience a bugcheck (GSOD) when logging out of your user profile or shutting down your PC.
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
- After setting up a Windows Mixed Reality headset for the first time on this build with motion controllers, the controllers may need to be re-paired a second time before appearing in the headset.
Squeaking out that last few releases before calling it good, I'm guessing.
Hopefully the first fix sorts out the myTube! crash 🙂
Latest cummulative update to 1803 really put some horrible performance issues to myTube! as well. I wonder where that's coming from. But rendering became really awful.
It's weird that the Fast ring builds are Version 1809, but the current Skip ahead build is still 1803
Slow ring still has 17713 and it has quite a few bugs. Wish they would push out a cumulative update with fixes at least so we don't have to endure another month.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.