Microsoft is rolling out another new Fast ring Windows 10 Insider preview build today. Coming in at 17744, today's build lacks any new features, which is to be expected as Microsoft continues to prepare for the update's final release this fall. Instead, there are plenty of bug fixes included, along with a short list of known issues to be aware of.
- We fixed an issue that resulted in certain apps crashing when sending Timeline activities.
- We fixed an impactful race condition in recent flights resulting in Cortana crashing when launching tips and doing web searches.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the nearby sharing section of the Share UI not being visible for some users despite being enabled.
- We fixed an issue that could result in the contents of the Microsoft Edge window becoming offset from its window frame.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the spellchecking menu appearing in the wrong place when you right-clicked on a misspelled word in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders using Windows 10 in S Mode recently resulting opening Word from a Word Online document not working.
- We fixed an issue in Narrator so when toggling a checkbox with a braille display and Narrator, the displayed state is now updated and the control information is maintained on the display.
- You may experience a bugcheck (GSOD) when logging out of your user profile or shutting down your PC.
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
- After setting up a Windows Mixed Reality headset for the first time on this build with motion controllers, the controllers may need to be re-paired a second time before appearing in the headset.
These are the best 27-inch monitors money can buy
A 27-inch monitor is just about the perfect size without having to sit too far away or whip your head back and forth to follow things across the screen. If you’re in the market for a new monitor, check out our top picks.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
The Razer Tomahawk is small in stature, but mighty in power
Razer has a new gaming PC on the scene, and this time it's a compact desktop. The Razer Tomahawk Gaming Desktop uses a variation of the Tomahawk case to bring a modular, powerful PC that's designed to take up very little of your desk space.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.