Windows Insiders are getting another taste of Fluent Design with the latest update to the Camera app. As spotted by Aggiornamenti Lumia (via MSPU), a fresh update to the Camera app is rolling out to Insiders on the Release Preview ring, bringing along additional aspects of Fluent Design, along with a handful of other tweaks.
Specifically, the added Fluent Design elements can be found in the settings menu, which now features sports a blurred transparency effect that Microsoft refers to as "Acrylic." In terms of settings, you can now also select multiple resolutions for your photos. And, perhaps solving one of Windows Camera's more annoying issues, the app will now remember the last camera you were using when you open it back up. In other words, if you close out of Windows Camera while using your device's rear camera, it will default to the rear camera when you open it back up.
Here's a look at what's new, according to Aggiornamenti Lumia (translated):
- Proportions: It is now possible to select multiple resolutions (and more details are now shown for resolution)
- Manual focus: In the function bar you can now find the new item "Manual focus" to adjust the focus of your cameras to your liking
- The last used camera will always be remembered: If you close the app with "open" the front camera, once restarted will open the latter (or vice versa)
- Improvements with the brightness slider: It is now much smoother and shows the real brightness value selected to the user
- It is no longer possible to rotate the capture button between scenes (photos, videos) with the touch
- It is now possible to use all their cameras connected in parallel (if the operating system allows) on different windows of apps. Example: I'm recording video on my camera right and I can attach a photo to my email on my camera left.
- Removed support for older devices: Needless to say, the update is not available for mobile
Insiders on the Release Preview ring should be able to check out all of what's new by grabbing Windows Camera version 2017.1223.10.0 on the Microsoft Store now.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The Cyber Monday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Review: Immortals Fenyx Rising a late Game of the Year contender
Immortals Fenyx Rising skyrocketed to the top of my Game of the Year list, and I think it's something a lot of people will really like.
Review: Empire of Sin combines genres to let you take over 1920s Chicago
Empire of Sin, the wildly ambitious gangster simulator from Romero Games, combines aspects of Civilization, XCOM, and a Tycoon game to let you take over 1920s Chicago. All those disparate pieces work together surprisingly well for a flavorful and complex test of strategy.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.