Free code for the first 200 posted below!
Although 6tag is the de facto Instagram app for those using Windows Phone due to its advanced and unique features, one thing it cannot do is upload pre-recorded video. Instead, users need to open the app and record directly. This limitation is problematic if you recorded a video earlier and wanted to add it to Instagram at a later date, or perhaps did not have free internet connectivity for the upload.
Today, we are excited to announce a new third-party app dedicated to this single task. It is appropriately called 'Video Upload to Instagram' and Venetasoft makes it. If that name sounds familiar, it is because they also publish the excellent Band Sensor Monitor, Find My Band, and the excellent Movie Maker 8.1.
Video Upload to Instagram
- Upload pre-recorded video from Phone, SD card, OneDrive, or any other file sharing app
- Select any 15 seconds of video (max allowed by Instagram)
- Crop any section of your video (Instagram only allows squared videos)
- Use Movie Maker 8.1 for advanced video editing
- Uploads to Instagram and videos can optionally be saved to phone too
- Adds app to Share picker, so you can hand-off video from one app to this one
- It can handle 4K videos from Lumia PureView phones with Lumia Camera 5.0
Overall, Video Upload to Instagram is a fantastic, well-done app from Venetasoft. The design is natural, there are short tutorials to guide you, and it is feature packed. Video Upload to Instagram costs $1.99 for the full version, although there is an ample trial to let you try it out.
"You can evaluate this app for an entire week, with the limitation of one upload every 24 hours and max video duration up to 10 seconds."
Oh and stay tuned, as later today, Windows Central is giving away 200 free unlock codes for this app! So grab it now as a trial and keep checking back this afternoon.
Update - Grab your code now! Use the hamburger menu in the app to select 'Unlock code'. Type in ' wpc22k' to get the app completely for free! Only the first 200 users can get it, so act fast. Afterwards, restart the app.
For those who use Instagram a lot and prefer a dedicated app for this function, this is your solution!
Download Video Upload to Instagram for Windows Phone 8.1 ($1.99, free trial)