What you need to know
- Windows 11 preview build 22538 released on January 19, along with Windows Server preview build 22538.
- Windows Server preview build ISOs are available for those who want them.
Build 22538 of the Windows Server Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) Preview is here, as are the associated ISOs (18 languages are supported at present).
You can check out the specifics and details over on the Windows Server blog post. If you just want the goods and aren't in the mood to skim the post, here's what you need to know. These are the available downloads:
- Windows Server Long-Term Servicing Channel Preview in ISO format in 18 languages, and in VHDX format in English only.
- Microsoft Server Languages and Optional Features Preview
And here are the associated keys, which are only good for preview builds.
- Server Standard: MFY9F-XBN2F-TYFMP-CCV49-RMYVH
- Datacenter: 2KNJJ-33Y9H-2GXGX-KMQWH-G6H67
If you're looking for the page where you can download previews, it's right here. You'll need to be registered as an Insider for that download page to be accessible.
As for non-Insider updates to Windows, Microsoft recently remedied an issue January's Patch Tuesday caused wherein VPN connections were crippled. The initial cumulative updates, while packed full of useful security fixes that addressed various vulnerabilities throughout Windows, also borked some users' VPN capabilities, leaving those on SonicWall, WatchGuard, and Cisco Meraki (potentially in addition to others) in a tight spot. That's all in the rearview mirror now, meaning Windows, in all its various forms, is once again at peace. Now go get those Windows Server preview build ISOs.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.