Now that it's possible to add our own, personal music collections to Xbox Music using OneDrive, we run into the potential problem of duplicate tracks. If you upload a song or album you already have in your Xbox Music library, it's unlikely you want it to show up twice. Fortunately, there's a really easy way to get rid of the duplicates.
- Sign in to your Xbox Music account on the web at music.xbox.com
- Click on your name in the top right hand corner
- Open "Settings"
- You'll now see a toggle that when activated will remove any tracks you added with your Xbox Music Pass that you've subsequently uploaded yourself through OneDrive.
- In the Xbox Music app for Windows 8.1 the same applies. just open settings and look under "preferences."
- A word of warning for anyone who uses Xbox Music on Android or iOS, however, that you're told not to activate this. Something to bear in mind.
You can still manually go through your account removing tracks, albums and playlists. But, if you want to remove anything you uploaded you'll need to do that still through OneDrive.