If you enjoy using some Facebook features in apps like OneDrive, People and others in Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone, it looks like they won't be available anymore. A new support page shows that, because of a change in the Graph API, Facebook Connect features are no longer available for those apps, along with other services from Microsoft.
Here's what Microsoft has to say:
"Facebook's Graph API is the tool that we use to connect your Microsoft account to Facebook. It brings contact information from your Facebook friends into Outlook.com and the Windows People app, keeps those contacts up-to-date, and provides options in apps and services like Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, and OneDrive.com to share to Facebook. We collectively refer to these features as Facebook Connect. Due to these changes, Facebook Connect features will no longer be supported."
The support page goes into more detail on what specific apps and services will be affected by this change. Here's the list of apps that will no longer support Facebook Connects features:
- Outlook.com Contacts
- Outlook.com, Windows, Windows Phone and Office 365 Calendar sync
- Windows 8.1 People app
- Windows 8 People app
- Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 Calendar app
- Windows 8 Photo Gallery and Movie Maker
- Windows 8 Photos App
- Windows Phone 7 and 8 People app
- Windows Phone 7 and 8 OneDrive
- Windows Phone 7 and 8 Photos
- Windows Live Essentials Calendar and Contacts
- OneDrive Online
- Outlook Social Connector in Outlook 2013
- Office 365 Outlook Web App
You can check out the support page to see what specific features will no longer be available for each app and service.
Source: Microsoft; Thanks to Pete for the tip!