Microsoft has just announced their new fitness wearable the Band and a new platform to go along with it. Microsoft Health is a new health and fitness platform from Microsoft that will use the power of the cloud to help you live a healthier life. A new blog post from Microsoft details some of the cool features available on Health.
Here are some of the new Microsoft Health platform features we're excited about:
- Works with UP by Jawbone, MapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal and RunKeeper
- Guided Workouts curated by Gold's Gym, Shape, Men's Fitness and Muscle & Fitness
- Regular cadence of Microsoft Health announcements including additional device and service partnerships, SDK availability and additional cross-platform applications and services
- Soon, Microsoft Health will also allow you, at your choosing, to connect your Microsoft Health data to HealthVault to share with your medical provider
- Microsoft Health will unite data from different health and fitness devices and services in a single, secure location. Once stored in Microsoft Health, you can combine the data you generate from different devices and services – steps, calories, heart rate and more – to receive powerful insights from our Intelligence Engine
We're also digging this little excerpt from the announce post:
"Over time, you will have the choice to combine your fitness data with calendar and email information from Office as well as location-based information and more. As you make more data available, the Intelligence Engine will get smarter and provide more powerful insights, such as:
- Fitness performance relative to work schedule
- Whether eating breakfast helps you run faster
- If the number of meetings during the day impacts sleep quality."
Hit up the source link below to learn more about Microsoft Health and let us know what you think!