Microsoft appears to be taking sales staff who don't consider Windows Phone as a competitive platform extremely seriously, and rightly so. We ran an article a while back that broke light on Robert McLaws creating a web site that users can report on experiences with carrier (or store) salesmen when enquiring about Windows Phone. Results were far from positive.
Now that HTC are making a big push for WP Mango with the HTC Radar and Titan, it makes sense for Microsoft to really clamp down on biassed sales work. A job opening at Redmond has arisen for a Training Manager in Services and Support. This could well be the first step in the battle against the sales reps, then again I'm sure Mango devices will begin to speak for themselves.
Check out the full job vacancy after the break.
Windows Phone Training Manager Job
- Date: Sep 8, 2011
- Location: Redmond, WA, US
- Job Category: Marketing
- Location: Redmond, WA, US
- Job ID: 765537-63598
- Division: Services & Support
Do you like taking on big challenges? Come be a part of the consumer business – helping drive Windows Phone sales vs. fierce completion at retail. It’s at retail where 80%+ of customers visit stores while shopping, and that 60% purchase from large WW retailers. During this purchase that RSPs (retail sales person) have tremendous influence over consumer purchase decisions – & research shows that the more RSPs have brand preference & knowledge about a product, the more likely they are to recommend it to their customers in-store.
The WW Retail Services Training organization within CCG is looking for a strong candidate, who can create & evangelize world class retail training programs and assets to help drive and execute the Windows Phone business at retail. This person will work very closely with the Windows Phone BG and WW subsidiaries to plan, develop, deliver, evangelize and execute RSP training programs & resources for worldwide usage that build selling capabilities within RSPs that win share & drive brand preference with RSPs.
This role has two key parts:
- You will be responsible for understanding what information RSPs need to successfully sell Windows Phone – partnering with the BGs & subsidiaries to design & manage tiered training programs that deliver on business needs and drive brand preference. Development of project plans with milestones for on time delivery of all learning programs & supporting assets needed to educate RSPs online (via our online community, ExpertZone or retail LMS systems) and in-person (via our field engagement teams around the world) will also be a core component.
- You will be responsible for setting, communicating, and leading/executing worldwide training guidance on program implementation – partnering with the subs to then provide visibility of key learning’s & best practices back to corp.
All parts of the job will require extensive collaboration with the Windows Phone BG, ExpertZone team, field labor team, and US/ WW subsidiaries including channel & category managers.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing program/ project management, along with vendor/marketing agency management. Additionally, 5+ year’s experience in consumer marketing, defining curriculums and creating training programs to support retail/Telco sales professional learning & development in retail or a channel organization and have an eye for creative asset development is required. Experience in the Telco or Retail industry is desired. A willingness to work on a big, important business will also be a must, as well as the ability to thrive while taking on big challenges, succeeding against aggressive timelines. Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA preferred.
- Nearest Major Market: Seattle
- Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue
- Job Segments: Curriculum, Education, Management, Manager, Marketing, Marketing Manager, MBA, Operations, Project Manager, Research, Technology, Training