Like many of you, we can't wait to get a smartwatch made by Microsoft. Last weekend we learned a handful of new details about Microsoft's upcoming plans in the wearable space, and how it might compare with the Android Wear space. Today a few more details have emerged. Curious about pricing?
To recap the leaks from last weekend:
- Will work cross-platform (Windows Phone, Android, iOS)
- Open APIs
- Coming in October
- 11 sensors (to track fitness and activity level)
- Will be a slim band (think Nike Fuelband) vs chunky smartwatch (Gear, G Watch, Toq)
- Display is inside of the wrist as opposed to outside
In a new blog post, Microsoft watcher Paul Thurrott has provided a few more details about Microsoft's plans for the upcoming wearable. He also confirms the above information.
What's new/confirmed from Paul today:
- Will be like a fitness band
- Will display smartphone based notifications from Windows Phone, Android and iOS
- Be priced the same as the Samsung Gear fit. (That's also the same price as the newer Samsung Gear Live
- Tracks your fitness: Steps, calories burned, heart rate, etc.
We can't wait to see what Microsoft has planned in this wearable space.
Are you still interested in this device even though it's more smartband and less smartwatch? Sound off below.