Runtastic Pro for Windows Phone has received a major update today. Head into the Windows Phone Store and you'll find version 3.0 of the popular fitness tracking app. Today's big update introduces new features hydration recommendations, improved layout, heart rate monitor integration and a transparent Live tile for those on Windows Phone 8.1.
Here's the full list of changes and new features in version 3.0 of Runtastic Pro.
- Heart Rate Integration: Track your heart rate with the Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor (PRO only)
- Heart Rate Zones: Train in the ideal heart rate zone, i.e. fat burning, to reach your goals (PRO only)
- LIVE Tracking & Cheering: Share location & receive messages for motivation to keep pushing
- Transparent Live Tile on your start screen
- Hydration feature: See how much you should drink to recovery from dehydration post-activity (PRO only)
- BirdView in map
- Japanese Voice Coach (PRO)
- New app languages: Russian, Turkish and Polish
- Improved layout
Runtastic Pro has been able to work with their heart rate monitor in the past, but it was an older model that required a dongle to attach to your Windows Phone headset jack. Now today's update introduces support for the Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor. The Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor is a heart monitor with support for Bluetooth low energy. You can head to Amazon and order the accessory to track your heart rate without needing a dongle on Windows Phone.
Other features we're sure fans of Runtastic Pro will like include heart rate zones, a transparent Live tile and more. Let us know your favorite new feature!
Right now we only see version 3.0 for Runtastic Pro. The free version of Runtastic was last updated on May 8 and still sitting at version 2.7. We'll let you know if Runtastic gets an update and gains some of the 3.0 features of Runtastic Pro.
What do you think of today's changes in Runtastic Pro?
Thanks for the tip Kaush!