The Indian Air Force has released an official combat simulation game called Guardians that gives players an insight into the life of fighter jet pilot. The game features a training mode in which players get acquainted with the controls of a Sukhoi SU 30, a twin-engine two-seater fighter jet commonly used by the Indian Air Force during combat missions.
Here are some of the main features of the game:
- Very Realistic Mission Profiles
- Highly detailed aircraft models and other assets
- Featuring fighters, transport and helicopter aircraft of the IAF
- Easy to learn training mission for new flyers
- Ten Operational Missions featuring various IAF roles
- Advanced air combat depictions with modern air to air and air to ground weapons
- Uncluttered Head Up Display optimized to display relevant information
- Optimized for low to medium end smartphones
- First mobile game to be officially based on the Indian Air Force
Once players are familiar with the controls, the game proceeds to the mission stage, which involves a war between India and a fictional country called Zaruzia. The ten missions featured in the game involve operational profiles that real pilots in the Indian Air Force are tasked with, and include several aircraft in the IAF fleet like the Sukhoi SU 30, M2000, Tejas, Phalcon AWACS, C130, Mi 17, Mi 35 and ALH Dhruv.
The free game is scheduled to receive a multiplayer update in the coming month which lets six players to engage in combat at the same time.
Interested? Download the free game from the link below, and let us know what you think in the comments.
Thanks to everyone who sent this in!