Ubisoft is no stranger to Windows Phone and tonight they yet have another release to grace your device: Shape Up Battle Run. The game is related to the just released Ubisoft Xbox One Shape Up game, and lets you use your Windows Phone to augment your runs.
Think of Shape Up Battle Run as a cross between a game and fitness app. Using your phone's built-in sensors, the game can simulate a pedometer to record when you are running. Alternatively, the app can access your GPS to record your runs that way too. The app then pairs you up against the computer to simulate runs against an opponent.
Perhaps what makes Shape Up Battle Run fun though is the retro graphics, music and play on zombies and monsters to chase you. Throw in some achievements, goals, and the ability to sync up to your Ubisoft account to compete with friends and you have a unique app/game combo.
- Customize your gameplay by selecting 5 to 30-minute jogs, runs, and sprints.
- Never run alone! Choose a Coach, Champion, or find a friend through Uplay.
- Tired of the same route around the neighborhood? Run through the jungle with lions on your tail, make a mad-scramble through a zombie-infested cityscape, or blast off into space in STORY MODE.
- Audio clues and beats will keep you at the right pace for the best workout.
- Every step outside earns you benefits in your living room. Sync with the Shape Up console game and your Points and Bolts will be added to your total score. Plus your stats are tracked: calories burned and distance run, which count towards your overall in-game fitness program.
Note: This app does not need or use SensorCore, so it will work with any Windows Phone 8 device, including ones from HTC and Samsung.