Age of Empires: Castle Siege has scored a new patch with a focus on beefing up defense. The patch clocks in at versions 1.11, and mainly focuses on increasing the HP of Age Keeps and some tweaks to a couple of different units. Here's the breakdown of the changes in patch 1.11:
- Increased HP of Age 7 Keep by 20%
- Increased HP of Age 8 Keep by 25%
- Increased HP of Age 9 Keep by 30%
- Duration of caltrops increased from 10s to 60s
- Saladin and Edward have had their damage increased so that they can reliably take out most towers in a single ability use (except for Crossbow Tower Lv6 and the Musket Tower)
- Increased the range of Nikephoros ability by roughly 50%
- Increased movement speed by 25%
- Increased Ram's bonus damage against Gates by 100%
- Increased HP by 20%
- Reduced the range that rams will seek out gates, allowing them to be more reasonable in target selection
- Fixed an issue where John Kourkouas would occasionally crash the app if infantry budged in between him and his intended path.
- Conrad the Elder, once exiting his Siege Tower, will now possess the light pillar that highlights his position in the battle
- Alliance messages older than 90 days will now be discarded from chat
- Fixed an issue where targets being burned by both Tariq's Field of Fire and Nevsky's Scorched Earth would only receive damage from the first ability fired. Now both will apply.
- Fixed an issue where abilities that provided buffs would have inconsistent results when stacked on top of each other
- General improvements to usability, stability, crashes and connection errors
According to the patch notes, this patch represents some modest steps towards more of a focus on defense. The team says it'll be watching closely, and more changes may be coming down the line in future patches.
Thanks to Zapella and Michael for the tips!
Source: Age of Empires
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.