Anthem launched on Xbox One and PC recently. As with any online game at launch, it has some surprisingly strange bugs that BioWare is working on. Anthem is a shared-world third-person shooter from the acclaimed developer. BioWare is the studio behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Just like Destiny, the developer wants to support the game for the next ten years.
Anthem keeps on getting patches and today, you can download another one. It includes a number of changes to loot drops and how you find chests. You can read the major changes below. Luckily, the patch is roughly 2 GB on the system so it won't take you too long to download.
- Elysian caches are available at the end of Strongholds when the boss has been killed. They can contain vanity items and crafting embers.
- You get a key for the cache by completing a select daily challenge.
- Everyone in the squad receives the rewards, so if all four players have keys, you will get four rewards.
- There is now no loading screen to get into the Forge and can be accessed from anywhere.
- All equipped components are now listed under the weapons and gear.
- Stronghold bosses still guarantee one Masterwork on Grandmaster difficulty, but now the remaining loot can be rolled for Masterworks and Legendaries.
- Strongholds and Free Play chests will see improved drop rates for rarer gear.
- Legendary missions will be added to the game.
- Field of view sliders have been added to the PC version of the game.
- Salvaging in the vault should be near instant now.
- Lots of fog walls have been removed, especially in Strongholds.
- Javelin thrusters have been improved by 20 percent across the board.
- Overheat time has similarly been reduced by 20 percent.
- Hold the melee button to melee with the Interceptor.
- More universal components have been added.
- There have been various fixes and buffs to Masterwork components.
- Masterwork ember drop rates have been increased.
- Consumables can now be sorted by name or rarity.
- When diving into deep water, the transition is now smoother.
However, there are still a number of issues being look at by BioWare. You can read about them below.
- Power scaling issues.
- New enemies and new story additions.
- Better in-game communication systems.
- A stats screen.
- Increased inventory space.
Are there any changes you want to see before others? Let us know.
Become Iron Man
This is like third-person Destiny
Anthem is an upcoming shared world third-person shooter from BioWare. BioWare is the studio behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
Minecraft Dungeons has a major secret Diablo fans will love (spoilers)
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and I can't stop playing it. As we dive deeper into the end game, we keep finding more and more secrets, and one has been found now that Diablo fans will love.
Halo 2's PC launch instability was unacceptable, and Halo 3 can't repeat it
The launch state of Halo 2's multiplayer on PC was simply unacceptable, and the fact that the game was allowed to release in this state raises serious concerns about how future Halo ports, especially Halo 3, will turn out. Here's why this can't happen again if Halo is to be successful on the PC platform.
Best Minecraft Fan-made Art, T-Shirts, Stickers, Posters, and more!
Minecraft has become a global phenomenon over the years, and its fans have created tons of awesome different Minecraft-themed accessories and apparel for others to enjoy. Here are some of our favorites!