Anthem launched on Xbox One and PC recently. As with any online game at launch, it has some surprisingly strange bugs that BioWare is working on. Anthem is a shared-world third-person shooter from the acclaimed developer. BioWare is the studio behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Just like Destiny, the developer wants to support the game for the next ten years.
Anthem keeps on getting patches and today, you can download another one. It includes a number of changes to loot drops and how you find chests. You can read the major changes below. Luckily, the patch is roughly 2 GB on the system so it won't take you too long to download.
- Elysian caches are available at the end of Strongholds when the boss has been killed. They can contain vanity items and crafting embers.
- You get a key for the cache by completing a select daily challenge.
- Everyone in the squad receives the rewards, so if all four players have keys, you will get four rewards.
- There is now no loading screen to get into the Forge and can be accessed from anywhere.
- All equipped components are now listed under the weapons and gear.
- Stronghold bosses still guarantee one Masterwork on Grandmaster difficulty, but now the remaining loot can be rolled for Masterworks and Legendaries.
- Strongholds and Free Play chests will see improved drop rates for rarer gear.
- Legendary missions will be added to the game.
- Field of view sliders have been added to the PC version of the game.
- Salvaging in the vault should be near instant now.
- Lots of fog walls have been removed, especially in Strongholds.
- Javelin thrusters have been improved by 20 percent across the board.
- Overheat time has similarly been reduced by 20 percent.
- Hold the melee button to melee with the Interceptor.
- More universal components have been added.
- There have been various fixes and buffs to Masterwork components.
- Masterwork ember drop rates have been increased.
- Consumables can now be sorted by name or rarity.
- When diving into deep water, the transition is now smoother.
However, there are still a number of issues being look at by BioWare. You can read about them below.
- Power scaling issues.
- New enemies and new story additions.
- Better in-game communication systems.
- A stats screen.
- Increased inventory space.
Are there any changes you want to see before others? Let us know.
Become Iron Man
This is like third-person Destiny
Anthem is an upcoming shared world third-person shooter from BioWare. BioWare is the studio behind famous franchises like Dragon Age and Mass Effect.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
too bad they can't put it in GamePass
It'll come to EA Access I assume.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.