Appy Weather is a Windows Phone weather app that has a bit of a personal touch about it. The weather app has a minimalistic appearance and delivers a decent amount of forecast information to your Windows Phone.
Along with a simple interface and weather alerts, Appy Weather delivers the forecast information in a traditional sense but also in a practical sense. For example the app will often compare the forecast temperature with the prior day's weather. The app was recently updated to version 1.1 that includes a host of changes to the Live Tile settings and a few layout tweaks.
The change log for version 1.1 of App Weather includes the following changes to the Windows Phone app.
- Added new "Now only (minimal)" and "Now + Today" live tile options for the wide front tile.
- Slightly increased temperature size on the "Now only" wide live tile.
- Streamlined text on "Now only" wide live tile when the weather is mostly cloudy.
- Added setting to use bigger icons on live tile's regular tile size (by hiding 'Tomorrow' column on back tile).
- Regular live tile's front side will now display your location's name.
- Later column in all live tiles will now always cover the entire remainder of the day (previously it covered the next 12 hours).
- Added setting to hide today's weather from the Next 7 Days chart (now hidden by default, and so if you want to bring it back must go into Settings to do so).
- Fixed issue when changing themes where the icon colors would sometimes not immediately update.
Additionally, if you tried Appy Weather before the version 1.1 was released and your trial version has timed out the developer has reset the trial database. This will allow everyone to give the updated version a try to see if the changes are enough to knock you off the fence.
- Appy Weather – Windows Phone 8.x – 3MB – Trial / $3.99 – Store Link
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The first two Snapdragon 7c PCs are here, and they start at $299 with LTE
Along with a slew of announcements for the education market this week, Microsoft debuted the first two PCs to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 7c platform. Both are targeted at the education market, and they bring LTE for as little as $299.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.