If you've already dipped your toes into the universe of exploration that is Astroneer on Xbox One and Windows 10, a fresh update is rolling out with a slew of bug fixes. That should be welcome news for many, as the game, while good, is still in Game Preview and thus pretty buggy.
The update moves the game up to version 0.2.10117.0 on both platforms, and packs the following fixes and tweaks:
- Allow the 2 expansion slots on backpack to use Filters, Tanks, and Tethers
- Fix exploit allowing player to trade for infinite resources by thieving the item like a pirate while launching
- Fix bug that would not allow a full oxygen tank to save an Astroneer from suffocating
- Cut value of Fuel in half on Trade module
- Double power requirement and production time of Condenser
- Fix known physics problems when attaching things to large storage on truck
- Fix bug allowing player to make building platforms after a conduit hub has already been branched.
- Change the Shuttle/Spaceship conduit hub type to the same as the habitat
- Allow Shuttle/Spaceship to reattach to previously created hubs
- Fix algorithm that picks the height of new base platforms, so that flat terrain makes flat bases
- Fix issue where resources hover out of backpack on loading save
- Fix Popper hazards spawning new research items on save load
- Fix for client Condenser exploit that would allow player to take unfilled fuel canister.
- Fix for research item exploit where player could save game after getting item, and reload.
- Fix for clients not seeing correct light and oxygen state on tethers.
- Fix for clients being unable to hear anything in SFX category of sounds.
- Don't allow player to enter vehicles while interacting/holding anything else
- Fix four major crashes including one that could prevent saves from loading, and one that could occur on MP join.
- Fix issue where some unburied discoveries would not simulate physics after reloading a save.
- Fix very bad performance when training together many rovers or trucks.
- Fix trade module save behavior. All existing lost trade ships in save games should return to earth (possibly after doing the wrong trade, but all new saves will work properly)
- Bring in physics freeze distance by a bit, reducing incidence of cases where objects fall through ground. (More improvements incoming).
If any of those changes look familiar, it's because the Xbox One and Windows 10 versions of the game are playing a bit of catch up with their Steam counterpart. The majority of fixes and tweaks were previously included in an update to the Steam version and are now making their way to Xbox One and Windows 10 with this update, alongside some newer changes, of course.
Have you had a chance to check out Astroneer since the update? Let us know what you think in the comments! And if you have yet to give the game a shot, take a look at our early impressions of the game as well.
Join us for the latest Windows Central Video Podcast
We're live with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Review: Kensington's SD5500T dock works with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 PCs
The SD5500T docking station is compatible with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3, opening it up to use with more devices. It's similar to some other great docks out there, so how does it measure up?
How to play Minecraft Dungeons Beta
How to get started with Minecraft Dungeons early via the ongoing beta, with all the details and release dates you need to know.
The best FreeSync monitors for your Xbox One
Keep your Xbox One games smoother than ever with these FreeSync monitors.