Bing users in the UK are getting a handful of improvements for Maps-related searches. In a blog post this week, Microsoft announced a set of handy features related to address and direction queries intended to improve the experience of finding what you're looking for.
Here's a look at what's new:
- Address queries: - Now, when you search an address on Bing.com, a map with the location will appear in the results. Microsoft says the map is "fully dynamic and interactive" on large-screen devices, including laptops and tablets. Alongside addresses, this feature works with cities, counties, and postcodes.
- Business information by address: Address searches will also show what businesses are present at the address.
- Simple map keywords: Using Bing to search for simple keywords like "map" and "maps" will now show a "map answer experience" based on your location. It will also suggest places, businesses, and favorite locations if you're signed in. Searching "aerial maps" serves up the same experience, but with satellite imagery.
- Improvements to directions queries: Now, when searching for directions to a specific place, Bing will include alternative driving routes, along with estimates of the time you'll spend in traffic. A "Search along the route" option will also show you attractions and restaurants on the way to your destination.
- Improvements for latitude and longitude queries: Bing will now show the associated address location and any nearby businesses for latitude and longitude searches.
All of these improvements are available to check out now for Bing users in the UK.
Exclusive: The Falconeer is a chill blend of Star Fox and Sea of Thieves
We recently got to spend some time with the latest beta build for the Xbox Series X/S launch title - The Falconeer. Get your first look at some exclusive gameplay right here.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
Everything you need to build your own NAS setup (and what it will cost)
Running out of storage on your PC or laptop is the worst. Building your own Network Attached Storage (NAS) can help make sure you never have to experience misery.