A fresh new build is heading out to Xbox One Insiders on the beta ring tonight. If you were hoping for any sweeping new features, however, you'll want to temper your expectations. The latest Beta build simply packs a few bug fixes for Cortana and Xbox accessories, along with a heaping helping of known issues to be aware of. Here's a look at what's new.
OS version released: rs2_release_xbox_1703.170302-1900
Available: 6:00PM PST 3/6 (2:00AM GMT 3/6)
- Resolved an issue which prevented "Portal" accessories used with games like Skylanders, LEGO Dimensions, and Disney Infinity from being recognized.
- The Xbox Accessories app Device Details page should no longer appear blank.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented Cortana reminders from being created.
- Copilot does not function at this time. You can disable Copilot from the power menu (hold the Xbox button on the controller) if desired.
- Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games.
- Some users may not receive certain types of notifications.
- After capturing a game clip, the game clip fails to automatically post to the Activity Feed (if your profile is configured to do so). Workaround:Manually view game clips in Profile > Captures > Manage captures and post to the Activity Feed.
- The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
Settings - Ease of Access
- When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access - Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround:To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
Settings - Display & sound
- The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
Microsoft looks to be keeping up with a quick release schedule for the Xbox Insider Program, as you might notice this is the same build that only yesterday rolled out to the Alpha ring. Stay tuned to Windows Central for all the latest from the Xbox Insider Program.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to email@example.com.
Alpha & Beta Rings appear to be the real rings in the Preview program.
I don't understand, I am in Alpha Ring 3 and still no update yet.
Lol I'm in ring 4. I'm sure the new dash will be out before we receive anything.
Cortana has become trash in the last two weeks. Whatever the last couple sets of updates have done, they need to undo them!!
Come on MS keep that momentum and push the build to ring 3
Beta ring 4 here and I haven't gotten anything at all since finally getting into the rings.
I think I was dropped from the program. Serves me right. I never gave feedback and rarely did quests. Oh well. lol
Im on beta 3 and waiting a long time for an update, since November 2016
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.