On July 20, Microsoft pushed out fresh firmware updates for the Surface Pro 4. As usual, release notes weren't immediately available, but Microsoft has now updated the Surface Update History tracker (opens in new tab) with the details. Here's a look at what's new (via Neowin).
- Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. driver update for Marvell ACASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter - Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter - Bluetooth:15.68.9114.29 implements changes to meet EU regulatory requirements.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 540 - Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 540 – Display adapters: 220.127.116.1127 improves DX12 and power performance.
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Embedded Controller Firmware - Surface Embedded Controller Firmware - Firmware: 103.1744.256.0 improves system stability.
- Surface driver update for Surface Management Engine - Surface Management Engine - Firmware: 18.104.22.1689 improves system stability.
- Surface driver update for Surface UEFI - Surface UEFI - Firmware: 107.1741.768.0 improves Wi-Fi performance when waking from sleep.
- Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. driver update for Marvell ACASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller - Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller – Network adapters: 15.68.9114.29 implements changes to meet EU regulatory requirements.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller - Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) Audio Controller – System devices: 22.214.171.1242 improves video performance in some applications.
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED - Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED – System devices: 126.96.36.1992 improves video performance in some applications.
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Accessory Device - Surface Accessory Device – System devices: 1.1.507.0 improves system stability.
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Pen Pairing - Surface Pen Pairing – System devices: 188.8.131.52 enable Surface Pen simple pairing and features.
- Microsoft driver update for Surface Integration - Surface Integration – System devices: 184.108.40.206 enables Power Slider feature improving battery life, and improving adaptive brightness feature.
As noted on release, the most notable change here is the addition of the power slider for changing your power setting on the fly. The rest of the updates cover Microsoft's full range of value indicators, touching on security, reliability, performance and more. If you have a Surface Pro 4, chances are Windows Update has already grabbed these updates. If not, they should be available to download now.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to email@example.com.
I think the Audio drivers have had an unintended side effect on my SP4, the speakers now have an intermittent loud popping noise.
Drivers are not downloading automatically through system update. Can someone please advise as to what .msi file(s) to download from Microsoft? File Name:
It depends on your version of Windows 10 running... the 15063 version is for Redstone 2 (Creators Update), 14393 is for Anniversary Update and 10586 is for Threshold 2.
mine updated fine cool beanz
This is one of the things I like about Microsoft Surface products -- they don't forget about their customers after a new model comes out. It made my decision to get a Surface Pro 2017 a no-brainer.
intel hd 520 graphics drivers updated - garphics acceleration mode in adobe illustrator is now corrupted an shows lots of noise along the objects' edges. decided to roll back - the button in device manager is greyed out. installed drivers from intel website - the screen became bluish (all white color became light blue). they definitely want me to go buy the new surface pro, but i want a new surface book with nvidia graphics and all the features from the new surface pen and surface dial. hope it will come out sooner than surface phone :D p.s. please, upvote my feedback https://aka.ms/Jlmked
I did not upvote, since I do not use 520 HD but Iris Graphics 540, but I did leave a comment that I had issues with my screen "jumping" the first few minutes after being turned on.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.