What you need to know
- Children of Morta is an action game about a family of heroes.
- The title features Diablo-like combat, but is a roguelite.
- It just got some spectacular free content.
- You can purchase the game for $22 through the Microsoft Store.
Children of Morta is a story-driven action game about an extraordinary family of heroes. Lead the Bergons, with all their flaws and virtues, against the forthcoming Corruption. The title features Diablo-like combat but in a roguelite structure. Death is part of the experience, and it moves the story forward.
Today, the game got a massive free update that adds New Game + content with lots of additional lore in new cutscenes and quests. It's called "Setting Sun Inn" and you can play it right now.
You can take a look at the additions below.
- New Game + mode where players keep previously unlocked characters, skill tree progress, resources, and more.
- 20 new cutscenes.
- 8 new Home Interactive Events to liven up the Bergson family home.
- 26 new Home Idle Activities to keep the Bergsons occupied.
- 14 new Family Events and Quests in the Dungeons.
- 3 new Side Quest Traits.
Apart from that, the update also tweaks some of the balancing so certain areas don't feel unfair. Do you platy Children of Morta? What do you think of the game? Let us know.
In Windows Central's review, Brendan Lowry wrote, "Children of Morta is one of the best roguelike games I've played, and I'd even go so far as to say that it's one of the best ones ever made, period. Aside from the rare cheap moment, everything about Children of Morta, from the story to the gameplay to the presentation, is simply incredible."
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.