There is no official Meetup (meetup.com) application for Windows Phone, but there's a cool third-party app you might want to check out called Clique. The app makes it easy for anyone to find and join thousands of local groups around the world. You can browse and search for groups to get involved in and find events to attend.
We've installed Clique on our Lumia 930. Make sure to watch our hands-on video.
- Browse recommended and nearby meetups or manage meetups you have already RSVP'd to.
- Find groups in your area or look at groups Clique thinks you might enjoy
- Join groups and RSVP to meetups right from within Clique
- Full meetup comment support enables you to comment on upcoming meetups and reply to or like other members' comments
- Clique integrates with your GPS or maps apps to get you to your meetups even faster
- Live tiles keep you on top of the latest from your groups and meetups
- Smart search helps you find groups and meetups with ease
- Visibly stunning and beautifully designed for the Windows Phone interface with rich images and an easy-to-use interface
If you haven't heard of Meetup before, it is an online social networking portal that facilitates offline group meetings around the world. Members find and join groups unified by a common interests. They currently have 18.8 million members from 176 countries.
Clique looks great. It feels like an app designed specifically with Windows Phone in mind.
After logging in, it suggests a meetup on top of the screen. Below, you can swipe between groups, meetups, or check your profile. We love how all the information is laid out. The app is not perfect, though. While it looks great, we've experienced some crashes.
Clique is a free download from the Windows Phone Store. You should check it out if you're a Meetup user. If you're not a member, you should sign up. It's free and we're sure you'll find at least one interesting group.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.